Monday, August 25, 2014

The Monday Before Dragon*Con

Can’t believe it’s almost time to drive on down to Atlanta for Dragon*Con. This will be my fifth trip to the convention. And the first time I plan on getting my picture taken with a celebrity. I’m either getting more stupid or more brave. Haven’t figured it out just yet.

Why stupid? Because in the past I never would have paid to have my picture taken with anyone. Sure, this was a birthday present, but I was going to do it anyway (which made my friend’s present all the more easier for her to buy!). But hey, I’m not getting any younger, so why not have some fun? And yeah, I’m going to try my best to have fun getting my picture taken with Karl Urban!

Why brave? Because I’m not feeling all that nervous about it. In the past I’d be shaking already. I think being a writer has tons to do with that. Or maybe the amount of conventions I’ve attended. Let me just say, I never thought I’d get the nerve to do anything like this.

Last week I was planning on organizing my paperwork. I was able to clean up the guest room and the bookcases in there, but never made it to my desk. Doubt I do, too. I have a synopsis to polish (hoping to submit Blind Temptation before I leave on Wednesday), laundry to wash, and bags to pack. Oh yeah, snacks to buy, too. Gotta have food at Dragon*Con, since I tend to miss some meals there (because I’m usually standing in line for a panel).

So… Have you recently found yourself braver than you thought possible? Or maybe more stupid?

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

8 comments:

JeffO said...

I get stupider by the day, I'm afraid to say.

I've never paid to have my picture taken with someone, but I have paid to have my picture taken with something--the Stanley Cup. It was well worth it.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - You had to pay to have that done? Did they let you touch it, too?

Jennette Marie Powell said...

When I went ziplining in Puerto Rico, I felt both braver and more stupid! But it worked out OK and turned out to be great fun (except for the rain and how cold it was)! Have fun a DragonCon!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Someday I'm going zip-lining. Probably at The Wilds. :)

Michael Seese said...

For me, stupid is not a choice... it's a lifestyle.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Holy potato chips, you sound busy.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I'm good at sounding busy! :)