Monday, December 29, 2014

My Holiday Table Blog Hop – And Some More Cruise Pics

Maria Zannini wanted to see pictures of holiday tables so she created this blog hop. I thought I would participate (seeing the homework was easy), so here are my two pictures. If you want to see more holiday tables, hop on over to her blog for pictures and/or links to other blogs.


 
 Above, that's my table at Thanksgiving. Remember, I ordered my meal from Bob Evans!

And this is my friend's table at Christmas. She served the food buffet-style (on counter to right). Lots of good food. And yes, it was way better than Bob Evans!!!
 
* * * *
 
Don’t know if you stopped by here yesterday, but I was guest-posting on Delilah Devlin’s blog. Even shared a little excerpt to Ghostly Liaison (which I guess maybe I should include that on my blog or website, huh?). Anyway, here’s the link, in case you want to check it out: http://www.delilahdevlin.com/blog/2014/12/28/stacy-mckitrick-ghosts-real-or-just-stories/

* * * *
 
Now for the pictures of the towel creatures I promised on Friday. See…when I tell someone I’ll do something (e.g. download pictures from my iPhone), I tend to do it. It’s when I keep the information to myself that I tend to not do something. Is it that way for you, too? Anyway.. every night when the Steward turned down the bed, he left us a little towel figure. I can figure out what some of them are, but not all.

 
Day 1 -- Have no idea what he's supposed to be! :)

Day 2 -- A frog

Day 3 -- A monkey (I asked)

Day 4 -- An elephant

Day 5 -- A dinosaur

Day 6 -- Uhhh. A dog? Hugging himself? Hmmm...

Day 7 -- A lobster
As we walked down the aisles to our room, we passed a lot of cleaning crew carts and several had some towel figures on display. The one below caught my eye.

Chickies!!
The next several pictures were taken one morning I went upstairs to get some coffee (and let my hubby sleep). The crew had been busy the night before. Talk about getting lucky. This was the only day it occured, and I didn't usually go upstairs early. Almost every chair around the pool was used. The crew probably had to remove the towel creations, because I don't think anyone wanted to disturb the art work!






 

So…what plans do you have on this last Monday of 2014? I received Blind Temptation back from my editor, so I’ll be editing. Thank goodness nothing major needs fixing. That’s always a good feeling!

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

15 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Any day I don't have to cook is a good day.

You have a good friend to invite you for Christmas dinner.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Our friend, who is more family than friend, LOVES to cook. She'd probably beat us up if we didn't come over. :)

Sarah Ahiers said...

omg, those towel animals are AWESOME!

And yay for buffet style! That's how we roll with my extended family on Christmas day

Stacy McKitrick said...

Sarah - I don't think there would have been room for our plates if all the food was on the table. Our friend cooks THAT much! :)

Unknown said...

Buffet style is always the best when there's a large group. Saves all that space on the table.

Those towel animals are beautiful!!!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Darke - I loved those animals, too. So glad I stumbled upon them. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Mike Keyton said...

Those are great towel arrangements, and I get the point about buffets. We had a trad table arrangement for Christmas for a family of four, but a big buffet two days later for a party of twelve. When does the diet kick in Stacey? Mine begins in a week

Stacy McKitrick said...

Mike - Diet? Aack! :) Actually, I went back to the gym today. Boy, did that take some work, too. It was freakin' freezing out there!

Unknown said...

Love the towel arrangements! I have to say though, when we were traveling before the Thanksgiving holiday, we stayed in a hotel where the maids "attempted" the elephant arrangement and it did not look like an elephant. I cannot share with you here what it actually looked like, but to give a hint, I thought we'd found ourselves in a "love motel" of some sorts. haha

Stacy McKitrick said...

Diane - Yeah, I have a side shot of that elephant and didn't feel it was appropriate to post. :)

Thanks for stopping by! I tried to comment on your blog, but I have problems with Google+ and IE at times (and today is apparently one of those times).

Rebekah Loper said...

We've had a few ordered Thanksgiving and/or Christmas meals over the years, and the home-cooked ones always beat them by a long shot!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Rebekah - My friend's cooking beat Bob Evans by a long shot. My own??? Well... There's more than one reason I ordered out. Haha! :) Thanks for stopping by!

The Happy Whisk said...

A monkey (you asked).

Hahahaha. That's funny stuff. Great post, fun table, and Happy 2015.

JeffO said...

I wonder how many hours it took the crew to make all those (and how many crew were involved!). Fun stuff, thanks for sharing!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I DID ask! The Steward was very funny. He kept messing with my hubby.

Jeff - I'm sure the night crew isn't near as busy as the day crew! Bet it really passes the time.