Friday, April 24, 2015

A Retreating I Will Go

First off, I think those drugs the doc gave me for my allergies are working. At least I’m sleeping better (I’ll blame that on the Zyrtec). Oh yeah, I’m coughing less, too. Not finished coughing, mind you, just coughing less. Well… he did say it might take a few days for the drugs to kick in.

Today I leave for a writers retreat. I’ll be staying in a cabin with 12 other women in Hocking Hills. I anticipate lots of time to write (or in my case, re-write) and chat with fellow writers. I’ll come home on Sunday and then head on out for a Dragons game (our first for the season). I just hope it’s not cold. The temps have been kind of screwy (but it’s April, what did I expect??). Did you see it snowed at some baseball games the other day? I don’t want THAT to happen to me. I won’t stay for the game, that’s for sure. I may love baseball, but not that much.

The re-drafting is going well. I keep getting stuck at parts that need a major overhaul, but that’s only because it usually requires a lot of thinking and sometimes I’m slow at thinking. I’m trying to continue to treat this as a first draft, so I try not to worry about the telling. I’ll beef that up once I finish the darn thing. I am seeing the end in sight. That’s good, right?

Not sure if I’ll have phone service where I’m going. I think I’ll need that to turn on my hot spot so I can get to the Internet with my laptop (I’m still hosting the Sizzle and Sass Page through Saturday, so I kind of need to be available). Don’t know what I’ll do if I can’t get the hot spot to work. Guess no one will hear from me, then!

So…Got any big plans this weekend? I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the Penguins. Almost kind of glad I won’t be able to watch the game. I’d rather be happy seeing them win on my phone than seeing the Rangers celebrate on TV. No, I do NOT want to see that.

Have a good one!

Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

It snowed all day yesterday. It's in the 20s today and snowing again. The good thing is it's not building up beyond a dusting, but enough if enough--it's April 24!

Have a great and productive time at your retreat. I am working for at least part of this weekend.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. No point in going away if you're hacking up a lung.

Have fun!

For myself I'm planning a garage sale. I have a week to get ready so I'll be dusting and pricing this weekend.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. No point in going away if you're hacking up a lung.

Have fun!

For myself I'm planning a garage sale. I have a week to get ready so I'll be dusting and pricing this weekend.

B.E. Sanderson said...

So glad the allergy meds are working for you. Have fun at your retreat and I've got my fingers crossed you have internet. Seeing the end is definitely good.

No plans here. Just work. Now that Accidental Death is close to being ready to publish, and the next book is in the hopper, I'm working on cleaning up a manuscript I'd like to have ready for the end of the year. Busy busy.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I hope that snow is long gone by now and doesn't return. I'd say ever, but I know better. :)

Maria - I tried a garage sale once. Huge waste of time. Or maybe I just had junk. :)

Beth - Hopefully the busy, busy is a fun busy, busy.

The Happy Whisk said...

Weekend was very nice, though I'm reading your posts and it doesn't sound like the retreat was all that fun.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - It was fun, just not the sleeping part (but then I'm not happy sleeping away from my sweetie!).