Friday, December 11, 2015

I Did It, My Afghan, and Pills

Well… I did it. I entered Blind Temptation in the Judge a Book By Its Cover contest (in the paranormal category). We’ll see how it does. Once I’m informed that it’s up for the online voting portion (it has two: online and judges), I’ll post the link here. You know, in case you WANT to vote for little ol’ me. The judged portion is completely separate from the online portion, but I wouldn’t mind winning either. Okay, I do mind. I want to win the judged portion so my cover will show up in the ad in the RWR (Romance Writers Report—the magazine RWA sends out to their members). Why else enter, right?

Of those that commented on Monday’s post, no one knew what design is on the afghan that shows up in my tree picture. Here’s a better picture of it (should be able to enlarge it by clicking on it). Do you see the kitty cats?

 
I had made this afghan for my mother-in-law (many, many years ago). When she passed (in 2001), I made sure to get it back (since her stuff was being given away). I love that thing. Hopefully she did too.

I saw my physician assistant (PA) yesterday and got that referral for physical therapy. He also suggested I take glucosamine chondroitin, to help with the cartilage (or lack thereof) in my knee. I have a feeling one of these days I’m going to be taking just as many pills as my hubby does. Except mine will all be supplements.

Have I ever mentioned I hate swallowing pills? Ugh.

I’m already taking iron, calcium, and vitamin D. I was taking magnesium, but I think that was the cause of my stomach problems (they have since ended since I stopped taking the pill—a pretty good indicator if you ask me). I know I wouldn’t have to take all those pills if I ate right, and maybe one day I will, but until that day…I’ll stick with the supplements.

Tomorrow night hubby and I will be taking my son’s girlfriend and her daughter to the Madrigal Dinner (held each year at Wright State University). Why aren’t we taking my son? Well… He and daughter are performing as dancers (son used to be part of the choir when he attended the college and before that he was one of the trumpet players). It’s a nice Christmas party. Lots of music, singing, and dancing (performance, not participatory). All the participants are dressed in madrigal style (1500s?) garments, and the food’s not so bad, either. We’ve been going since 2000 (man, that’s a long time!). Sure, it’s the same food and usually the same skits, but it’s a fun time, plus I like seeing my kids in action.

So… What are you up to this weekend? Shopping? Parties? Whatever, have a great one!

Stacy

7 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

That blanket is beautiful! And the kitties are so cute.

Good luck with the cover contest! I love the BT cover - it's your best by far, IMO.

I'm going to try to finish my shopping this weekend, and if I'm really industrious, maybe I'll get the daughter's gifts wrapped before she comes home from college on Monday. I can hope, right? LOL

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Gifts wrapped? Now, that's being productive! I'll have to remember to wrap hubby's gifts next week, since he's off the week of Christmas. He's off today, too, otherwise, I'd go do that right now. Maybe. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

I do see the kitty cats. How cute!!!

JeffO said...

Very nice afghan--good decision to get it back. Good luck in the cover contest!

The Happy Whisk said...

I do see the cats and wow, well done. And double wow, you've got a lot going on. I hope you win, too. I'll vote for you.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Stephanie - It is a cute afghan. Warm, too. :)

Jeff - Thanks! I hope the cover does well.

Ivy - I used to crochet afghans all the time. I got so many I didn't know what to do with them, so I stopped.

The Happy Whisk said...

Me too. They were fun. I went recently to get more yarn but I got a rash just picking through them so none of that for me.