Monday, March 6, 2017

What a Weekend

I got so busy this weekend, I didn’t have time to write a blog post. But there’s no rule that says I have to post by 6am, is there? Nah! It’s my blog, I can post whenever. So I choose now to post.

I’d say I have pictures to share, but then I’d be lying. I took a couple of pictures, but they’re still on my phone and pretty lame, anyway. Nothing with ME in them. Sometimes I think I need an assistant just to take the pictures. Haha!

The Angels and Sirens book signing went better than I expected, but a lot different than I expected, too. Apparently I also had to pay extra for the dinner and mixer after (I thought it was part of the author price—it was not). Oh well, so I didn’t stay for those. But a lot of people did stop by my table during the signing (some even bought a book!). I had a giveaway basket I had hoped would generate more interest, but that didn’t work out like I thought. Live and learn. Live and learn.

My next reader convention is RT (Romantic Times Booklovers convention). That’s a massive event, but it’s fun, too. I’ll be part of Kensington’s party (they’re giving away copies of Ghostly Liaison for me to sign), which is a nice bonus for me. I’ll also be part of another party – Beach Blanket Bingo. I’ll be sharing my table with writer friend, TeriAnne Stanley. Should be lots of fun!

Anyway, back to my weekend.

I was so wiped out on Saturday (having gotten up at 4am and then driving 3 hours to Washington, PA), I was asleep by 9:30pm. Of course, I was the first to wake up in the morning! But we still took our time getting up and ready. Didn’t have to be in Pittsburgh until 3:45 (when the charity bag sale commenced—Daughter bought one), so we had lunch at a restaurant I had never been to before. A place that’s pretty famous in Pittsburgh: Primanti Brothers.

Now, I didn’t go and get the sandwich that has slaw and French fries in it (yep, IN it). I opted for the meatball sub. Man, was that sub AWESOME. So glad there’s a restaurant in Beavercreek (about 10 miles away from me). I don’t have to wait so long to return, because, yeah, I’ll go back for that sandwich!

After lunch, we drove into Pittsburgh and found a place to park. Unfortunately, we left the car in auxiliary mode for a bit until we were ready to leave for the stadium and drained my car battery (it is getting old—nearly 7 years). Ooops. We crossed our fingers that when we came back to the car after the game, that there would be enough juice to start up. There wasn’t.

Someone was still in the parking lot when we returned who had jumper cables and gave us a start. Man, were we lucky or what? Guess I’ll be buying a new battery this week. Probably today, if I ever get my butt out of the house!

The Penguins game was awesome, too! Of course, I wasn’t feeling so great after the first period, since we were losing 3-0. Coach actually replaced Murray (the starting goalie) with Fleury. Ah, the love for that man! We were all chanting Fleury’s name during the game, especially after the awesome saves he made. Buffalo never scored again and we ended up winning 4-3 (the last two goals coming within the last 3 minutes of the game!). So it was an exciting game and made the 3-1/2 hour drive home so much more pleasant!

Even though we had to eat in the car after—we were afraid to turn it off so soon after leaving!

It was a great weekend and one I won’t soon forget. Especially now that I know I need a new battery! Haha!

So… Think I was just lucky my 6-1/2 year-old battery started on a jump? This battery is the one that came with the car. I’ve always been impressed with Nissan batteries (my Altima battery lasted long, too). We’ll see if I get as much mileage with the replacement.

Happy Monday!



Jennette Marie Powell said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Well, other than the car not starting. But even that worked out. That signature sandwich from Primanti Bros. is crazy-big--I ended up taking it apart just to be able to eat it. But it was definitely worth trying!

The Happy Whisk said...

OMG. I need a nap after reading that. Your busy weekend pooped me out. Wow, girl, you were busy. Very cool. Live and learn, for sure.

As for the posting time: Your blog. Your rules.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you saw them win! And that someone had jumper cables with them.
Hope your next author event is better. Something good will come of your efforts this weekend though.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - That meatball sub was crazy big, too. But man, the meatballs...never tasted anything so yummy!

Ivy - Yeah, I can't be doing that every weekend, that's for sure. So glad I didn't have a job to go to this morning, unlike Hubby and Daughter. :)

Alex - It was such an exciting game. What a way to end my season (bought tickets to 5 games, this was game 5).

Maria Zannini said...

You were smokin' this weekend. Sorry you got stuck with a dead battery but yay for Good Samaritans.

JeffO said...

I've had pretty good experiences with batteries taking jumps, but I've also seen people who haven't, and that's no fun. Glad it all worked out and that you had such a good (if exhausting) weekend!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Yes, that Good Samaritan was a GOD SEND! AAA isn't known to be punctual and I pictured us sitting in that garage a good long time.

Jeff - It was exhausting. I think I'm still recovering! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Those pesky leave-the-house-jobs.