Friday, July 21, 2017

I'm Gonna See Huey Lewis & The News Tonight

That's right. It's concert night for Hubby and me. I love Huey Lewis and the News. I had hoped to see them back in the mid 90s, after a Columbus Clippers (AAA Baseball) game, but my daughter decided (yes, decided) to have an ear ache that evening and I didn't get to see them. play.

I never let her forget it, either.

So when I saw they were playing in our home town I told Hubby, "I'm going. Are you?" Because yeah, I'd go alone if no one wanted to go with me. Luckily, Hubby DID want to go with me.

In honor of tonight's concert, I'll share one of their music videos with you. It was so hard to pick one. I love all their songs. This one was cute. Enjoy "Stuck With You"!




So... You doing anything fun this weekend? My friend is coming over Saturday to cook my birthday dinner. Steak, potato salad, and corn. Hubby is supposed to get the cake. Sure hope he remembers!

Happy Friday!

Stacy





4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He's still performing? Impressive. Enjoy yourself!

JeffO said...

The Golden Oldies train is a rolling: my wife and I are going to see Elvis Costello and the Imposters tomnight. Have a great time!

Maria Zannini said...

That video brought back memories. And the hair!

I generally don't like seeing Oldies singers on stage because frankly they sound like old people.

So few hold up as well as us. Right, Stacy? LOL!

Have fun!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I think they tour every year.

Jeff - Enjoy your concert, too! :)

Maria - That's right! But honestly, I think Huey Lewis is doing pretty darn good still.