Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday Reads and Decisions, Decisions

I’m currently in the process of deciding the cover to Ghostly Interlude. Apparently I can’t decide. Ugh. But hey, I’m getting farther along in my editing. Let’s see if I can get that book to my editor by next week, shall we?

Here’s what I read the past week:

Book #41
Dates read: June 24-28
Title: “Deadly Silence”
Year of publication: 2016
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Romantic suspense
Series: Blood Brothers #1
# of Pages: 362
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Under siege. That’s how Ryker Jones feels. The Lost Bastards Investigative Agency he opened up with his blood brothers has lost a client in a brutal way. The past he can’t outrun is resurfacing, threatening to drag him down in the undertow. And the beautiful woman he’s been trying to keep at arm’s length is in danger…and he’ll destroy anything and anyone to keep her safe.
    Paralegal Zara Remington is in over her head. She’s making risky moves at work by day and indulging in an affair with a darkly dangerous PI by night. There’s a lot Ryker isn’t telling her and the more she uncovers, the less she wants to know. But when all hell breaks loose, Ryker may be the only one to save her. If his past doesn’t catch up to them first…
My thoughts: I didn’t realize until I bought this book that this series is a spin off of her Sin Brothers series, which I loved very, very much. Seems I love this series, too. Lots of suspense! Lots of romance! Lots of sexy scenes!! Unfortunately, I have to wait to read them all, since they’re not all released yet. Now I don’t mind that she writes fast, so maybe I won’t have to wait that long. This series has a little bit of a paranormal bent—genetically engineered people—but not too much (or weird) if paranormal’s not your thing. If romantic suspense is, then you gotta give this book a try. And then if you haven’t read the Sin Brothers series yet, I bet you’ll want to after (or do it now, that 4-book series is out).

So… The CW is remaking Dynasty? Ugh. I couldn’t stand it the first time around. How about you? Does it seem like there are more TV remakes than ever? Or have there always been remakes and I just didn’t notice?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

 

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So many fresh ideas in the world and yet Hollywood can't seem to find any of them...

JeffO said...

Television as a medium is only, what, 65, 70 years old. Today's network executives probably remember watching Dallas, Dynasty, and whatever else is slated for a reboot now when they were kids, and are backing these nostalgia projects, much the way we had a bunch of films like The Jetsons, The Flintstones, and The Addams Family back in the nineties. Just think, in about another fifteen years or so, we'll be due for film version of Third Rock From the Sun and Big Bang Theory!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - And I thought I was lazy! :)

Jeff - I just can't imagine people being nostalgic over Dynasty. I mean, that aired during the soap opera height. Soap operas have pretty much died now.

Maria Zannini said...

With so many great stories out there, you'd think movie and tv people would take a chance on something fresh and new.

I'm not a fan of remakes in general.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - In the land of DVDs, remakes seem kind of unneeded now.

Gina Gao said...

I do agree that movie storylines are getting repetitive -- especially with all the remakes that are out there.


www.ficklemillennial.com

Stacy McKitrick said...

Gina - Remakes are probably one of the reasons I don't watch as much television. Which I guess could be a good thing, I suppose. :)