Monday, April 9, 2018

29 Days and Counting

Sunday marked 29 consecutive days of adding 300+ words to my WIP. Even better, the last 15 days it’s been 500+ and the last 7 days it’s been 600+ words. I love seeing those numbers increase.

I guess my new medication isn’t messing with my creativity after all. I do have an appointment with my oncologist today to check in the progress of my medication, since it was about this time (30 days taking it) on my old medication that my meltdown occurred. No such event this time. I’d like to think I’m happier because I’m getting my writing done, but it’s possible I’m getting my writing done because a pill isn’t making me depressed.

I really think that old pill was making me depressed.

All’s good for now. That’s what matters. Right?

Saw the Penguins play in Columbus last Thursday. I’m beginning to really dislike Blue Jackets fans (they are so obnoxious!). All I can think is that they are a jealous bunch and I’m super glad we SWEPT them this year.

Wednesday is the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the most stressful part of the season. I really believe the Penguins have a shot of 3-peating, but only if they’re on their A-game (meaning their defense steps up). I think this will be a harder-fought playoffs than the last two, and the last two weren’t cake walks!

I might need to get me a stress ball.

Saturday Hubby and I attended opening day of the Dayton Dragons. Man, was it cold or what? The high only reached 40 and of course it dropped quickly once the sun set. We only lasted six innings, which was probably just as well. The Dragons fell apart in the 7th inning and ended up losing 9-2. Our next game is April 27th. Sure hope it’s warmer then!

So… What fans do you think are obnoxious? I sure hope it’s not Penguins fans!!

Happy Monday! And Happy Birthday to my daughter tomorrow!
Stacy

5 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Way to go on that writing streak! Keep it up! Now if only I could get on one... maybe after the flip house is done?

DH and I used to own a bar that was known for being a Browns bar. The Browns fans that hung out there were not only obnoxious, they didn't tip worth a darn (sometimes at all)! And our people busted their tails to give quick service. No problems with Pittsburgh fans, of any sport. :)

Maria Zannini said...

You're on a roll. I'm glad you saw a connection between the drug and your mood. Drugs play havoc with me so I try to be observant when trying something new.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I'd like to say you'll start writing when the flip house is done, but only you know the answer to that.

Maria - I hate taking drugs. Wish I didn't have to take them, but if it keeps the cancer from returning, it's worth it.

JeffO said...

The Secret Answer to your question: EVERY fan is obnoxious--that's why we're fans!

Congrats on your writing streak, and especially on feeling good. I have written next to nothing for a while now, and it needs to turn around.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Every fan is obnoxious? Say it ain't so!!! :)