Monday, September 17, 2018

Old House (and Football) Blues

Sometimes I think we’ll never get rid of the old house.

We’re still waiting on the basement guy to fix the leaks. He was supposed to go over to the house on Saturday, but apparently, he ran out of supplies. Whatever. I’m tired of the excuses and just want it done. Heck, I wanted it done before we left on Friday, but now I can see that probably will NOT be the case.

And what’s even worse, it’s expected to rain today (most likely from the remnants of Florence). If the basement gets wet again (and it will if it rains a lot), he has to wait for it to dry to fix.

Arrrgggghhh!!!

Guess he’ll also have to wait until we’re back from our vacation to get paid, then.

Just makes me happier and happier that he failed to show on the day I was willing to pay him. Gotta find those silver linings somewhere.

That’s my old house blues. As for the football…

Our high school football team has lost two games in a row. They haven’t done that in… well, longer than I can remember. I have a feeling we won’t need to worry about playing in the playoffs this year, because we don’t expect them to win this Friday, either. People say we can’t expect to win all the time. I say, “Why not?” Their losses won’t stop me from going to the games. My vacation will, but their record won’t.

At least Ohio State has been playing well, but the USC Trojans haven’t (boo hoo). And then there’s the Steelers… Ugh! I thought when they came back to tie it up yesterday that maybe we had a chance. I know, the season is early. I can’t doom them this early. But I sure hope they get their stuff together soon! At least I have the Rams to root for. 2-0. Yay! I liked that the Fox pre-game show last week predicted they’d win the Super Bowl this year. Boy, wouldn’t THAT be nice?

Guess my football blues aren’t all blue, huh? Maybe when we get back from vacation the records will have improved. Well, I can hope!

So far it doesn’t look like any hurricanes will spoil our next cruise, but stranger things have happened. We’ll just keep our fingers crossed that all goes well.

Hope Florence hasn’t harmed any of you or yours. The flooding is the worst, I’m sure. And she’s still out there causing problems. I’m hoping by the time she ends up our way she’s weakened considerably. I don’t want a wet basement.

So… How’d your weekend go?

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't pay him until the deed is done.
Florence has been messing with us for days. We're fine, but our county is a hot mess right now with flooding.

JeffO said...

We're expecting heavy rain tonight and tomorrow, presumably from the remnants of Florence. Not looking forward to it.

My alma mater gave up 50+ points for the second week in a row in their seemingly fruitless and decades long quest to be Big Time College Footbball. I was always more into basketball when I was there. Hockey is almost back, so that's good!

Maria Zannini said...

We were the same way when we sold our house. It's always something!

Hope you get that behind you soon. It's stressful.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Slow storms are the worst! Hope your flooding issues are resolved soon.

Jeff - Yes, hockey! I'm looking forward to the start (and I already have my tickets for when the Penguins play in Columbus!).

Maria - It's soooooo stressful and we haven't even put it on the market yet!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I had a houseguest last week - had a great time, then spent the weekend working on new house stuff. Hope you get your old one fixed and sold soon! At least we're not supposed to get any more rain until Friday.

All I can say for football is Go Bucks!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Yes, I'm hoping the Buckeyes are for real. It'll take the sting out of what the Steelers are doing. :)