Friday, December 7, 2018

The Survey Says...

AOL sent me a survey to find out how they’re doing. Hahahahaha! They weren’t giving me anything to do it (because that’s usually why I’ll do a survey—for free or discounted stuff), but I completed it anyway.

Yes, they got low marks. But then every e-mail service I use would get the same, so that’s nothing new. At the end they asked for comments and to give them my e-mail if I wanted to be paid to test stuff out for them.

Well, I didn’t want to do any testing, but I had comments. My major one being that when I comment on people’s Blogger posts, my e-mails automatically go into spam. Yes, even my own comments on my own blog!!

I really wish I knew why that is, because it’s really annoying.

I hit submit and got an error. Said the comment box wasn’t formatted correctly.

Formatted? It took me a moment to realize they only wanted my e-mail address.

Well, hell. Apparently AOL didn’t want my comments after all (and I so much wanted to give it to them, too!). Or they just don’t know what a comment box is. Foo on them!

Now I wish I’d given them LOWER marks.

So… Do you do surveys for free or only those where you get $$ off a meal or a free sandwich or something?

Happy Friday! And Happy Birthday to my sister (in case she reads my blog, which I don’t believe she does).

Stacy

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes - depends on what it is. Usually I don't, reward or not. Pretty crappy they didn't want your comment.

JeffO said...

I know lots of people still have aol.com e-mails, yet I continue to forget aol is still a thing.

I don't do surveys as a rule. Depends on my mood. And whether the survey questions are fair or not.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I thought it was pretty crappy, too!

Jeff - I've been with aol for so long, and this blog is tied to that account, I don't want to go changing anything! I'm sure as soon as I try to change the e-mail account something will break and I won't be able to fix it.