Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Reading Update and it’s HOT

Yesterday was the 7th straight day of 90+ degree weather. We’re expected to be in the 90s for the next three days, too. I like summer, but this is ridiculous!

Walking in the morning is almost unbearable. Thankfully there are shaded streets I can walk on. If not for that, I don’t know if I’d be able to walk as much. I’m back up to 3+ miles a day, now, too!

Shocker, huh?

Today I might not walk as far, though. I think my poor bones need a rest. But I hate breaking a streak (I’m up to 9 days), thus I’ll stick to 2 miles. Or less. We’ll see. Or rather, my bones will tell me when it’s enough.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #26

Dates read: June 26 – July 5
Title: Angels’ Blood
Year of publication: 2009
Author: Nalini Singh
Genre: Urban Fantasy Romance
Series: Guild Hunter #1
# of Pages: 339
Paper or plastic: Paperback
How obtained: Free from a convention.
Blurb from Book:. Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she is the best—but she does not know if even she is good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, Elena knows failure is not an option—even if the task is impossible.
    Because this time, it’s not a wayward vamp she has to track. It’s an archangel gone bad.
    The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other—and pull her to the razor’s edge of passion. Even if the hunt does not destroy her, succumbing to Raphael’s seductive touch just might. For when archangels play, mortals break…
My thoughts: This is not the type of paranormal romance I enjoy. The “hero” has too much power and control over the “heroine” for me to accept they could ever be equals (or that her love wasn’t being coerced). I’ve enjoyed other books by this author, but I won’t be reading any more of this series.

So… Dragon Con has officially cancelled this year. When the hotel offered to roll our reservation (and payment) to next year, we took it and figured we’d just lose out on our tickets to Dragon Con. But last week we were able to roll our tickets, too. So we did that before they cancelled, but I’m glad they were able to cancel. I can’t imagine what celebrities would have been there anyway.

Have any of your plans been cancelled or postponed? Kind of depressing, isn’t it? This year really sucks.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

5 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Way to go on your walking streak!

I've delayed coming back to Ohio due to the pandemic, but nothing else has been canceled for me - mainly because I haven't planned anything! I do miss my parents, though. This year definitely sucks!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Thanks. Let's see if I can keep at it (or rather, my body lets me). I enjoy walking and it's helped my spirits some. But the aches and pains are a bummer. Especially when it happens DURING the walk! :(

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on getting up to 3+ miles per day. Woohoo! We recently had a mini 5-day staycation and we loved staying HOME! Was a great little time. Tim's been working out this entire time so it was nice for him to get to just be here.

Sorry you're bummed about your plans.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - My walking streak has died. I pulled a muscle in my hip and it has to heal before I go out there again. It's frustrating! Glad you enjoyed your staycation!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh no! Sorry to read that, Stacy. Healing wishes.