Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Reading and Stepping Update

I’ve been exercising with my stepper for almost four weeks now! And that's 5 times a week, too.

When I started, I could barely finish the first exercise (I think I conked out at 13 minutes). Now I’m able to step without stopping on a 45-minute exercise. And I think I lost 3 pounds. Not a lot, but I’ll take it!

But I realized that I want more than a beginner class (I already know the steps, I don’t need to be told how to do them over, and over, and over), so I ordered another DVD (one that just has routines). I need something fun and that will keep my interest, too. Getting bored is a sure-fire way to kill an exercise routine!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #43

Dates read:
October 20-27
Title: Death in Show
Year of publication: 2010
Author: Judi McCoy
Genre: Mystery
Series: Dog Walker Mystery #3
# of Pages: 317
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Glitz and glamour are de rigueur at this year’s dog show, and Ellie’s soaking it all in as the guest of a client. But before the dogs and handlers can take their bows—and wows—one handler dies. So Ellie is asked to fill in and lead Lulu, one of her dog-walking charges, to victory.
    When the death starts to look like foul play, Ellie’s sometime boyfriend, Detective Sam Ryder, gets assigned to the case. As she’s getting the hang of handling, Ellie tries to help find out who hated Lulu’s former handler. But now the killer might have it out for Ellie, and she and Sam will have to dig up the truth faster than a speeding bulldog.
My thoughts: Another fun book in this series. I had a few issues with some of the elements of the story, but it is a series, so if they’re addressed later on, I’m good. And if they aren’t, well… the author is no longer with us, so I will only assume she just never got to it.

Trick or Treat is happening in our neighborhood on Saturday. I bought candy to hand out and the weather looks to be better than the last two years (rain in one, snow in another) with the high in the mid 50s. Just my luck, there’ll be more kids out this time around (even with COVID, or would that be especially because of COVID), but I’m not getting extra candy. When I run out, I run out. And trust me, I’ll be happy to run out. I don’t need it in the house!!

So… Are you handing out candy this year? If so, do you buy candy you like to eat (in case you have leftovers)? Sometimes I do, but I really shouldn’t. That’s the BEST way to guarantee not eating any and I’d feel less guilty throwing it out!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you! It's not just the weight - your body is getting in shape and healthier.
We haven't had trick-or-treaters in almost fifteen years, and at any rate, our state is really discouraging it. Because yes, going outside in a mask is dangerous. Right!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Our old neighborhood barely got 5 trick-or-treaters. Our new neighborhood gets considerably more. I don't see any threat as long as I hand out the candy and the kids don't crowd.

Unknown said...

Yay for finding an exercise that works for you, and that you enjoy! And smart to skip the extra candy. :)

In my neighborhood - I use the term loosely - houses are hundreds of feet apart, so no trick or treaters, even last year.

- Jennette

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I wish I had discovered stepping ages ago! Or at least when we first moved here (there's plenty of room in the living room). It is quite a workout that I apparently don't mind doing!! :D