Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Reading Update and I’m Losing Motivation

I’m still exercising 4-5 times a week, but I’m losing motivation to continue. Then I kind of realized part of my problem: I’ve been sleeping in too late. Each day this winter I’ve been getting up later and later. In the summer I would get up at 6:30 to go walking. Now I’m lucky to climb out of bed by 8:00. So, I’m going to start setting my alarm (starting Thursday, since I don’t work out on Wednesday and Sundays). Hopefully that will get my motivation back. And free up my morning to actually WRITE! We’ll see…

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #10

Dates read:
February 10-15
Title: The Vanished
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Brett Battles
Genre: Suspense/Thriller
Series: Jonathan Quinn #15
# of Pages: 414
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: A missing physicist. Two botched jobs. And a world gone mad. Will this be Jonathan Quinn’s last job ever?
    It’s been nine years since Quinn last worked with Mariko. That fateful job left him with a permanent sense of guilt, and her with a life forever changed.
    Now, their paths have crossed again. Not in a way Quinn would have hoped for, but at least in one that might allow him to make partial amends.
    But a cleaner’s got to do what a cleaner’s got to do.
My thoughts: Man, I forget how sucked into these books I get. This is a really good series. Even got my husband hooked on these books.

Last Friday I got lucky and nabbed an appointment for my first COVID vaccine (state opened it up to people with certain diseases and such and my leaky heart valve got it for me—about time it did SOMETHING good). My appointment is for this Saturday. I hope it goes. The snow has delayed some shipments and anything is possible. Keeping my fingers crossed I actually get the shot.

So… It’s snowy and cold here. Got 7” of snow on Monday/Tuesday. And more is forecasted for Thursday. But first, a deep freeze (temps in the single digits with wind chills below zero). I’m so over winter!!! How about you?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: