Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Reading Update and I’m Sick of Snow

There has been snow on the ground since… forever. Okay, not forever. Probably just last week, but still… There’s too much. It snowed on top of snow. Multiple times. I miss seeing the grass. Even between snow storms. And we’re not finished with the storms, either. More is forecasted tonight. I really hate this season.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #8

Dates read:
February 2-6
Title: Fade Out (Morganville Vampires Vol. 4)
Year of publication: 2009
Author: Rachel Caine
Genre: YA Paranormal
Series: Morganville Vampires #7
# of Pages: 215
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Borrowed from daughter
Blurb from book: Without Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, life has changed—dramatically. The resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends  are almost starting to feel comfortable again, but when a filmmaker goes missing after starting work on a short documentary about vampires, Claire and her friends are feeling anything but safe.
My thoughts: Another story with an ending. I’m shocked. If this keeps up, I may have to go buy the rest of the series. Or at least look for them in the library or used book stores. :D. Myrnin is becoming my favorite character in this series and I can totally see David Tenant playing him. He’s one crazy vampire!

Book #9

Dates read:
February 7-9
Title: Kiss of Death (Morganville Vampires Vol. 4)
Year of publication: 2010
Author: Rachel Caine
Genre: YA Paranormal
Series: Morganville Vampires #8
# of Pages: 213
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Borrowed from daughter
Blurb from book: Vampire Michael Glass just received the call he’s been waiting for all his life. His music has attracted the attention of a heavily connected music producer who wants him to cut a demo and play some dates—which means Michael and his friends will have to enter the human world. But between a pack of hateful humans and a savage party of traveling vampires, Michael, Claire, Shane, and Eve may not make it to the show on time…or ever.
My thoughts: Very suspenseful! Now that these stories are actually ending (yes, this one had a satisfying ending), I want to read the rest of the series. Yes, I know. I’m strange.

Hubby has an appointment to get his COVID vaccine tomorrow. Unfortunately, I’m too young to get mine. Too young by two years. So I wait… At least Hubby is getting his. One less thing to worry about.

So… How’s the weather where you are? Is the ground white, green, or brown? Haha!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We're brown. I'd rather see white.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I used to say that. When I was young. :)