Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Reading Update and a Duck Update

Our duck friend laid at least six eggs. If she laid a seventh, she covered up the nest before we could check it out. Guess we wait about 30 days to see how many of her eggs actually hatch. Kind of exciting. Never had anything like this happen this close to home before.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #19

Dates read: March 22-25, 2021
Title: Later
Year of publication: 2021
Author: Stephen King
Genre: Horror
Series: Hard Case Crime
# of Pages: 248
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased new
Blurb from book: The son of a struggling single mother, Jamie Conklin just wants an ordinary childhood. But Jamie is no ordinary child. Born with an unnatural ability his mom urges him to keep secret, Jamie can see what no one else can see and learn what no one else can learn. But the cost of using this ability is higher than Jamie can imagine—as he discovers when an NYPD detective draws him into the pursuit of a killer who has threatened to strike form beyond the grave.
My thoughts: I enjoyed the book. Then again, I enjoy almost everything Stephen King writes. Did I find similarities to other stories? Yep. Did I care? Nope.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: