Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Reading Update and Happy St. Patrick’s Day


Happy St. Patrick’s Day! My last name is definitely Irish, but turns out I’m more Irish than Hubby. My paternal grandmother and maternal great-grandfather were born there, whereas Hubby’s Irish ancestors are way more farther out than that. I just didn’t grow up with an Irish name (I believe Thurber is a Welsh name, but I could be wrong).

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #15

Dates read:
March 8-11, 2021
Title: Black Dawn
Year of publication: 2012
Author: Rachel Caine
Genre: YA Paranormal
Series: Morganville Vampires #12
# of Pages: 507
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback (British version)
How obtained: Purchased new
Blurb from book: Chaos has taken over the quiet college town of Morganville as the threat of the draug rapidly spreads with the help of the city’s water system. Whilst most of the locals have already fled, student Claire Danvers and her friends Shane, Eve, and Michael choose to stay and fight.
    Things take a turn for the worse when vampire Amelie, the town’s founder, is infected by the master draug’s bite. Unless Claire and her friends can find an antidote to save Amelie and overcome the draug, Morganville’s future looks bleak…
My thoughts: Another gripping story. Breezing right through them now. I find it funny that even the blurb has that British…tang.

Book #16

Dates read:
March 11-16, 2021
Title: Bitter Blood
Year of publication: 2012
Author: Rachel Caine
Genre: YA Paranormal
Series: Morganville Vampires #13
# of Pages: 538
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback (British version)
How obtained: Purchased new
Blurb from book: For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville have managed to coexist in peace. But thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have now been freed of their usual constraints. With the vampires indulging their every whim, the town’s human population is determined to hold on to their lives by taking up arms. College student Claire Danvers, with ties to both humans and vampires, isn’t about to take sides.
    To make matters worse, a television show comes to Morganville searching for ghosts, just as vampire and human politics collide. Now, Claire and her friends have to figure out how to keep the peace without ending up on the nightly news…or worse.
My thoughts: As you can see… the books are getting longer. Which is better than having stupid cliffhangers. I could almost see this as being the last book in the series. Almost. Two more to go, though.

So… Do you have any Irish relatives? Do you wear green on St. Patrick’s Day? I had to search my closet for a green shirt since I’m actually going out today. Couldn’t believe I didn’t have more than the one. I must remedy this. One day.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're Irish enough. Think my family is Scottish and German - and a whole lot more.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I have Scottish, too (my maternal grandfather was born there). We're all a mixed bag though, aren't we?