Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Reading Update and Getting Back to Normal

Luckily, my bout with COVID was minor. I’m no longer required to quarantine and actually left the house on Sunday (yay!). I started back with my exercises on Monday, too. It was kind of nice since I didn’t have to keep it easy like I did after my surgery. But, of course, I’m feeling it, too. Walking on the ship (for the few times I could) was nice, but it really doesn’t work all the muscles. Walk Across America (with Jenny Ford) really is a good 30-minute work OUT. At least my muscles say it is.

So, it’s nice to get back to normal. Hopefully, that will include getting back to Ghostly Protector. I have a feeling that won’t happen until after my oncologist appointment on April 11, to go over what my brain MRI and chest CT discovered. Keeping fingers crossed that everything inside me is back to normal, too!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 9

Dates read: March 15-21, 2022
Title: You Can Run
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Rebecca Zanetti
Genre: Romantic suspense
Series: Laurel Snow #1
# of Pages: 352
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the book: Laurel Snow wouldn’t call hunting a serial killer a vacation but with a pile of dead bodies unearthed near her Genesis Valley, WA, hometown, she’ll take what she can get. Yet something about this case stirs her in unexpected ways. Like the startling connection she feels to Dr. Abigail Caine, a fiercely intelligent witness with a disturbing knack for making Laurel feel like she has something on her. Then there’s Laurel’s attraction to Huck Rivers, the fish and wildlife officer guiding her to the crime scene—and into the wilderness…
    A former soldier and trained sniper, Huck seems to have his own secrets, not least of which are his whereabouts the night yet another woman disappears. And when the body is dumped where Laurel can’t help but find it, she knows this cat and mouse game is deeply personal…
    Once in the heart of darkness with Huck, Laurel must negotiate her conflicting feelings for him, her complex rapport with Abigail—and her mission to find a serial killer among a growing list of suspects and a danger that’s far too close to home. So close in fact, Laurel fears she will never find her way back to the woman she once was…
My thoughts: New series from an author who writes across several genres. I seem to enjoy everything she writes, too. I liked the characters in this story and look forward to reading more.  

The weather was nice enough to walk last week, except I wasn’t really allowed to leave the house and any kind of exertion was a bit tiring . But after working out to my DVDs, I’m thinking it’s a better workout than just walking around the block. But I do like walking outside, so we’ll see which I end up doing when the weather warms up some more.

So… what’s your exercise of choice?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're feeling better and back to walking. At least quarantine days are shorter now. From fourteen to ten to five days - makes you wonder about the science, doesn't it?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - It doesn't make me wonder about the science. It just tells me that with more data, they're able to know more. I understand being cautious to begin with. Science has always been about data.

JeffO said...

It seems like there's a lot to catch up on here. I'm glad you're recovering from COVID and hoping there's good news from your oncologist!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Yeah, I've had a busy year! Glad you're back at blogging.