Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Reading Update and Our Pittsburgh Visit

Daughter and I enjoyed the Penguins game in Pittsburgh very much on Saturday. Got a little worried in the 2nd period, but it all turned out good (and not with any nasty overtime play, either!).

We had arrived in Pittsburgh around 4:30, parked, and headed toward a restaurant I found on Maps (on my phone) that is near the arena. It’s called Pizza Bosa (I think) and their menu is really extensive. I just didn’t expect such a small place.

We got there at the right time, though. After we placed our order for a Pierogi Pie (see picture) and sat down, a line started forming and went out the door! Yeah, that placed filled up FAST.

And our dinner? It was awesome!! When they brought the “pizza” to our table, I about fainted from the wonderful aroma. If you love pierogies, you will love this “pizza.” Crust, mashed potatoes, onions, cheese, and garlic. It was heaven! I highly recommend it!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 15

Dates read: May 2-10, 2022
Title: Immortal Rising
Year of publication: 2022
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Argeneau Series #34
# of Pages: 369
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from the book: Stephanie McGill was attacked and turned when she was just a teenager. Worse, her abilities are unlike any other immortal. Now thirteen years later, with the help of her adopted Argeneau family, Steph has carved out a new—if not lonely—life for herself. Until a new neighbor arrives…
    Thorne is also one-of-a-kind. The result of a genetic experiment, he’s not an immortal, but he’s not mortal, either. He’s looking for a place to hide, to get some peace and quiet so he can figure things out, and Stephanie’s sanctuary is perfect. In fact, Stephanie is perfect. For the first time, Thorne is free to be himself and he’s falling for her.
    But if they’re going to have a future together, they’ll first need to deal with their past…because the mad scientist who created Thorne is now after Stephanie.
My thoughts: I kind of savored this book by not reading it fast. Then I realized I had nothing to post about today unless I finished reading it. Had no trouble breezing through it, either. I can’t believe this is book #34 in the series and I am still not tired of it. I love the world and the characters so much.

So… I got my new glasses. They aren’t working so well. The reading portion starts up too high, so I went back to the eyeglass place and they’re making new lenses. It’s hard to tell if the prescription is good right now, but I’m hoping once I’m able to wear the glasses correctly, I’ll be able to see the monitor clearer. Just gotta wait another week to find out, though.

Sometimes I really hate my eyes.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mashed potatoes? Never thought of that on a pizza. (Although you should see what they put on pizzas in England.)
Hope they can get the prescription right for your glasses.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Alex. Me, too!!

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope you get to get those glasses fixed. Reading is a must for sure. Love the idea of the pie. I grew up on those things and still make them now. Love the pie idea.

JeffO said...

I love pierogis, and I love pizza, so...maybe? Glad you had a good time at the game. As a Bruins fan, though, I'm hoping that series goes 7 as well, in case the Bruins manage to pull out their own game 7!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Not happy the Pens are going to game 7, but not much I can do about that! And if you ever find yourself in the Pittsburgh area and see a pierogi pie on the menu, you MUST get it!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - For some reason your post ended up in my spam. At least I got the e-mail, so I was able to save it. I got my new glasses. Now I just have to wear them when I'm on the computer. And since they're currently sitting in my purse, they aren't doing me any good...yet. Haha!

The Happy Whisk said...

Yes, comments on my page are also ending up in spam as well. It's soooo odd. Glad you got your glasses! You're so funny, in your purse!!!!