Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Read: Dead Silence. Slowly Back to Writing

Thought I would try something different in regards to my blog titles. Especially since I plan on posting after reading a book, so I wouldn’t have to put in several titles. We’ll see how that goes.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 27

Dates read: May 17-23, 2023
Title: Dead Silence
Year of publication: 2022
Author: S. A. Barnes
Genre: Sci-Fi Horror
Series: N/A
# of Pages: 339
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book: Claire Kovalik is days away from being unemployed—made obsolete—when her beacon-repair crew picks up a strange distress signal. With nothing to lose and no desire to return to Earth, Claire and her team decide to investigate.
    What they find is shocking: the
Aurora, a famous luxury spaceliner that vanished on its maiden tour of the solar system more than twenty years ago. A salvage claim like this could set Claire and her crew up for life. But a quick search of the ship reveals something isn’t right.
    Whispers in the dark. Flickers of movement. Messages scrawled in blood. Clair must fight to hold on to her sanity and find out what really happened on the
Aurora before she and her crew meet the same ghastly fate.
My thoughts: When I started this book, didn’t realize it was in first person present tense. I can understand why it’s in first person, but not present tense. Still, it didn’t stop me from reading because this book sounded interesting. And it was! It was a great horror story. Set in space at that! Highly recommend.

I have been slowly getting back to work on Ghostly Protector. I’m getting a little excited about adding certain aspects to my story (certain aspects I can pound my head with for not realizing they were missing in the first place!), which is something I haven’t felt in a very long time. I also talked about my alien story with a friend and would like to get back to that one too. But I must finish Ghostly Protector first. I’m just glad I’m starting to feel excited about writing again!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: