Saturday, June 17, 2023

Finished Reading “The Death Dealer” and Good News

I downloaded the results of my CT scan this morning. If I understand it right, one of the nodules is SHRINKING! The rest are remaining stable. That certainly has put me in a good mood! I’ll get it confirmed at my appointment later this month, but I’ve been reading enough of these scans to figure out what to look for.

Yes, I’m doing a happy dance today!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 31

Dates read: Jun 14-17, 2023
Title: The Death Dealer
Year of publication: 2008
Author: Heather Graham
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Suspense
Series: Harrison Investigations #7
# of Pages: 353
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased used
Blurb from Book: Genevieve knows all about nightmares. She herself survived two months as a psychopath’s prisoner: And now this new menace stalks the city. Spooked by the bizarre slayings, she turns to P.I. Joe Connolly, her past rescuer, friend, and… hopefully something more, if he would just quit avoiding her.
    At first Joe isn’t even sure there is a case. But the body count rises, and it’s clear that a twisted killer is on the loose. Even more unsettling is the guidance he starts receiving from beyond the grave. People he knows to be dead are appearing, offering him clues and leads, and warning of some terrible danger ahead.
    But can even the spirits stay the hand of a madman bent on murder?
My thoughts: Okay… I feel better about how the previous book in this series ended. Pretty much the same characters are in this book. And I had no problems reading it quickly (spending over two hours at the Honda service center helped). This was a good story and a good mystery. I really didn’t know whodunit until the end!

I’m off to my writers’ group meeting and then I gotta get ready for Father’s Day. Hubby decided to grill hamburgers and hotdogs tomorrow, which means I need to go to the store. After I get home from my meeting. This is turning out to be a busy Saturday!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

No comments: