Friday, September 15, 2023

Finished Reading “After That Night” and Got GREAT News!

On Tuesday I saw my oncologist to go over my last CT Scan. Seems my treatments are working great. There wasn’t any evidence of cancer. Anywhere. The spot on my lung has disappeared!!!

I asked if I still needed the treatments. He said to be safe, to stay on them for another year. Then I can quit and just be monitored after that. I think I can handle another year. Especially with the GREAT news I got on Tuesday! I’m a happy camper!!!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 50

Dates read: September 11-15, 2023
Title: After That Night
Year of publication: 2023
Author: Karin Slaughter
Genre: Crime/Suspense
Series: Will Trent #11
# of Pages: 421
Paper or plastic: Hard cover
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Book:  Fifteen years ago, Sara Linton’s life changed forever when a celebratory night out ended in a violent attack that tore her world apart. Since then, Sara has remade her life. A successful doctor, engaged to a man she loves, she has finally managed to leave the past behind her.
    Until one evening, on call in the ER, everything changes. Sara battles to save a broken young woman who’s been brutally attacked. But as the investigation progresses, led by GBI Special Agent Will Trent, it becomes clear that Dani Cooper’s assault is uncannily linked to Sara’s.
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts:
I love the twists.

Tomorrow my daughter plays Australian Rules Football (Footy) in the Minneapolis/St Paul area and we decided to drive up here with her so we can watch (especially since we haven’t been to any of her games this year). She was going to drive by herself, but I said I’d go with her. Then Hubby said he wanted to go, too. So, here we all are! The weather for tomorrow’s games seems to be pretty decent: sunny, high low 70s. I think we lucked out!

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's great news about your lung! Hope you have a great time at the game today.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Alex.