Thursday, September 28, 2023

Finished Reading “Unclean Spirits” and Going Cruising Again

I’m leaving on another cruise tomorrow. Fifteen wonderful days. We’ll be hitting Grand Turk, Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and Barbados (not in that order). We’ve never been to St. Lucia or Barbados, so some new territory to explore!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 51

Dates read: September 16-28, 2023
Title: Unclean Spirits
Year of publication: 2013
Author: Chuck Wendig
Genre: Horror?
Series: Gods and Monsters #1
# of Pages: 248
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Free from Barnes & Noble
Blurb from Book:  Five years ago, it all went wrong for Cason Cole. He lost his wife and son, lost everything, and was bound into service to a man who chews up human lives and spits them out, a predator who holds nothing dear and respects no law. Now, as the man he both loves and hates lies dying at his feet, the sounds of the explosion still ringing in his ears, Cason is finally free.
    The gods and goddesses are real. A polytheistic pantheon—a tangle of divine hierarchies—once kept the world at an arm’s length, warring with one another for mankind’s belief and devotion. It was a grim and bloody balance, but a balance just the same. When one god triumphed, driving all other gods out of Heaven, it was back to the bad old days: cults and sycophants, and the terrible retribution the gods visit on those who spite them.
Recommend: Ummm…
My thoughts:
This book did not grab me enough to want to pick it up and read it. It was just…bizarre (I can’t even tell what genre it is). I’ve always wanted to read one of his books and now I have. I’m kind of disappointed. I don’t think I’ll pick up another of his.

I don’t know if I’ll get any writing done on this cruise, but stranger things have happened. Sometimes I think I need to write something else and forget about Ghostly Protector (for now). I just don’t know what to write about. No one is talking to me! And that’s what is really disconcerting.

Who knew I’d miss the voices in my head?

Got any suggestions on how to get them back?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have a great time on your cruise!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Alex. I'm trying!