Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Finished Reading “Grave Secrets” and Writing Again

Well… it’s happened. I’m writing again. And with Ghostly Protector! Man, if I can get this thing finished, I might just sign up for next year’s Literary Love Savannah. I got until January 1 to decide, but I’m hoping I’m finished long before then. I’m feeling pretty good about it.

And I haven’t felt like that in YEARS!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 52

Dates read: September 29-October 3, 2023
Title: Grave Secrets
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Alice James
Genre: Paranormal mystery
Series: The Lavington Windsor Mysteries
# of Pages: 251
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Free from Barnes & Noble
Blurb from Goodreads:  An adventure with zombies. And vampires. And romance. And croquet.
    Toni Windsor is trying to live a quiet life in the green and pleasant county of Staffordshire. She’d love to finally master the rules of croquet, acquire a decent boyfriend and make some commission as an estate agent...
    ...but first she’s got to deal with zombies rising from their graves, vampires sneaking out of their coffins and a murder to solve.
    It’s all made rather more complicated by the fact that she’s the one raising all the zombies - oh, and she’s dating one of the vampires. Really, what’s a girl meant to do?

Recommend: Yes
My thoughts:
I thought this book had ghosts (don’t know where I got that because the blurb clearly doesn’t mention them), but got vampires instead. Win for me! While the graphics were a bit wonky on my Nook, the typeset wasn’t (thank goodness). This was a cute read. There is apparently more in this series, so I may check them out. But fair warning… this isn’t a romance (as the blub suggests). It has romantic elements (as a lot of cozy mysteries do—at least the ones I’ve read).

It’s been a bit warm on this cruise. I’m not used to it being hot over water. At night.

Spent the day in Aruba today. Took a walking tour that we’ve taken before. I don’t think I ever want to take another walking tour. Especially when it’s hot and humid. Too much work!! Tomorrow is Curacao and we’ll be visiting an ostrich farm. No walking! But it will be hot. Probably 90.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you!
An ostrich farm? Now that is unique.