Monday, December 11, 2023

Finished Reading “Bad Luck Vampire” and I Have a Deadline

Reading has really slowed for me. Not because of the book I was reading (I enjoyed it very much), but because I have a deadline.

Deadline for what, you ask?

A deadline to get Ghostly Protector to my editor! That’s right. To. My. Editor. She can start working on it Jan 10, I leave on a cruise on the 5th, so I need to get it to her before I leave. And frankly, I think she’ll get it long before then. That’s how close I am to being ready for her.

Yes, I’m Happy Dancing here!

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 57

Dates read: November 20 – December 11, 2023
Title: Bad Luck Vampire
Year of publication: 2023
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series: Argeneau Vampires #36
# of Pages: 373
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Alasdair MacKenzize has never once considered himself unlucky in all the centuries he’s been an immortal rogue Enforcer. Not until he meets Sophie. Finding the beautiful, smart, and funny woman who is his life mate is great luck, actually. But meeting her at a wedding full of Argeneaus, not to mention his own busybody uncles determined to “help him claim his woman,” is bad luck. And the fact that Sophie is someone else’s date? Well, that’s just the next level of unlucky.
    From the way her gaze travels over his body like a caress to the electric zing whenever they innocently touch…he has to have her! He’ll keep his hands off Sophie until her date is over. After that, all bets are off and he’ll pull out all the stops to win her for eternity. Great plan—until he gets hit by a car. And then he’s poisoned. Is his luck
that bad or is someone out to stop this immortal from claiming Sophie as his life mate?
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts:
36th book in the series and I’m still enjoying it. I love the humor in them, too.

I am very slow at getting ready for Christmas. Oh, I got most of the shopping done, but haven’t put up the tree yet. I just don’t look forward to that. It’s just so much work. But it’ll get done. Eventually. And then I’ll have the job of wrapping the gifts. Not looking forward to that, either!

So, do you love decorating and wrapping or is it a chore for you, too?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Manuscript to your editor! That's awesome.
Merry Christmas.

The Happy Whisk said...

congrats on almost being ready to send to your editor! Happy Vacation coming up to you as well.

I love decorating. We start around August for Halloween and right after Halloween, Christmas goes up. ? Though the decoration is always simple. I love that. cozy and simple.

Off to the day job. Cheers and boogie boogie.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - It feels awesome! I'm motivated to finish it quicker now.

Ivy - Too bad you don't live near me. You could decorate our place, too! Haha!

The Happy Whisk said...

That would be fun and maybe we could hit a bookstore cafe' too!