Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Finished Reading “Shadow Heart” and Life is Almost Back to Normal

I’m currently on my way to Savannah for a book convention (Literary Love Savannah). I’ve been going since 2019 (missed 2022) and I’m already registered for 2025. It’s the only convention I’ve been attending regularly because it’s fun. Last year was a little disappointing because I didn’t sell many books, but then I didn’t have a new release, either. I’m hoping for a better turnout this year. And if I get my butt in gear, I’ll have a new release for next year, too. **fingers crossed**

But once this convention is over on Sunday, and Hubby and I drive home, life will finally go back to normal. For awhile, anyway. I just need to get back into writing, and I’m hoping the normalcy will make that possible. What with the book release and the convention (as well as Hubby’s heart incident), not much has been normal recently. I need some normal.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book 20

Dates read: July 5-16, 2024
Title: Shadow Heart
Year of publication: 2024
Author: Meg Gardiner
Genre: Suspense/Thriller
Series: UNSUB #4
# of Pages: 331
Paper or plastic: Hard cover
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from Goodreads: FBI Special Agent Caitlin Hendrix faces a case from nightmares.
    In a Tennessee prison, Efrem Judah Goode draws haunting portraits of women he claims he has killed. Around the country, desperate families of the missing seek answers in his eerie drawings. And on darkened back roads and New York City streets, a new killer poses duct-taped bodies at the sites of Goode’s murders.

    Two serial killers are locked in a twisted rivalry. To stop the brutal slayings, FBI profiler Caitlin Hendrix must unravel the connection between Goode and the Broken Heart Killer. Their warped competition destroys anyone in their path. Caught between a manipulative psychopath and a ruthless UNSUB, Caitlin has to dive into not one, but two dark and twisted minds. She will risk everything, plunging into the depths of their depraved clash to hunt down an unstoppable killer.
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts:
I love her books and this one was no exception. I didn’t expect the ending, either, so that’s good. If I wasn’t getting ready for a book convention, I would have probably read this quicker. But when you’re busy, you’re busy.  

It’s supposed to be in the 90s every day in Savannah while I’m there. Ugh. But I always enjoy visiting. It’s a neat city. Have you ever been?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I hope you get your normal - you guys need it. And sell lots of books.
Been to Savannah several times. It's a cool town. Lots of history.