Yes, I’m cruising again. This time in the North and Baltic Seas! We left London (Dover) on July 19 and so far have stopped in Copenhagen (Denmark), Kiel (Germany), and Warnemunde (Germany). Tomorrow we have a day at sea and on Saturday we’ll be in Tallin (Estonia), followed by Helsinki (Finland), Nynashamn (Stockholm, Sweden), and Amsterdam (Netherlands). And that’s just THIS cruise. We have two more following this one.
I’m having so much fun, even if
some of our excursions aren’t all that great. It’s just nice cruising and
relaxing. Plus, it was fun being in London for two days before the cruise started.
We saw “Six, The Musical” at the Vaudeville Theater on my birthday and it was
so much fun! I highly recommend it.
Oh, and good news. I was able to
send my editor The Alien’s Change of Heart before I left. Yay! She is
currently working on it. Which means I can work on my next vampire book. Yeah,
I decided to work on that since I figured out how to fix what I had started, so
hopefully I can get into that story. But first, I wanted to post what I read.
Here’s what I read since my last
update:
Book 15
Dates read: July 8-19, 2026
Title: Curious Minds
Year of publication: 2016
Author: Janet Evanovich & Phoef Sutton
Genre: Mystery
Series: Knight & Moon #1
# of Pages: 307
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Free from a book convention (possibly Romantic Times 2017)
Blurb from Book: Emerson Knight is introverted, eccentric, and has little to no sense of social etiquette. Good thing he’s also brilliant, rich, and handsome. Riley Moon has just graduated from Harvard Business and Harvard Law. Her aggressive Texas spitfire attitude has helped her land her dream job as a junior analyst with megabank Blane-Grunwald. At least Riley Moon thought it was her dream job, until she is given her first assignment: babysitting Emerson Knight. What starts off as an inquiry about missing Knight money leads to a life-and-death race through the streets of Washington, D.C., and into the underground vaults of New York City as an evil plan is exposed. A plan so sinister that only a megalomaniac could think it up, and only the unlikely duo of the irrepressibly charming Emerson Knight and the tenacious Riley Moon could hope to stop it.
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts: This was a silly book. I expected humorous, but not silly. Or maybe I should have expected silly, since she wrote the Stephanie Plum books. This was book 1 of the series and there are only two books (which were written about ten years ago), so I’m guessing the series didn’t make it. I can understand why. But, if you’re looking for a silly mystery, you might enjoy this one. I just wanted something a little more…smarter.
Book 16
Dates read: July 19-23, 2026
Title: The Happy Ever After Playlist
Year of publication: 2020
Author: Abby Jimenez
Genre: Romantic comedy
Series: The Friend Zone #2
# of Pages: 318
Paper or plastic: Nook
How obtained: Purchased from Barnes & Noble
Blurb from Goodreads: Two years after losing her fiancé, Sloan Monroe still can't seem to get her life back on track. But one trouble-making pup with a "take me home" look in his eyes is about to change everything. With her new pet by her side, Sloan finally starts to feel more like herself. Then, after weeks of unanswered texts, Tucker's owner reaches out. He's a musician on tour in Australia. And bottom line: He wants Tucker back.
Well, Sloan's not about to give up her dog without a fight. As their flirty texts turn into long calls, Sloan can't deny a connection. There's no telling what could happen when they meet in person. The question is: With his music career on the rise, how long will Jason really stick around? And is it possible for Sloan to survive another heartbreak?
Recommend: Yes
My thoughts: I read book 1 of this series so long ago, I didn’t realize that the couple from that book was the friend in this one. Didn’t matter, though. This book can be read as a standalone without any issues, since, like I said, I didn’t remember the couple (which is all me and not necessarily about the author). This book was great. I laughed. I cried (happy tears, of course) and I just LOVED the dog, Tucker. I really do enjoy her books.
The Smashwords July sales is still
going on (through July 31). You can find ALL of my e-books at 50% off. Just
click here and start buying!: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/semckitrick
Happy Reading!
Stacy


No comments:
Post a Comment