Friday, May 11, 2012

It's Unfair, I Tell You!

My husband owns a Toyota Solara convertible. I talked him into getting this car, and he's glad I did. He loves that car. I love it, too. But I don't drive it. Not very often, anyway.

On Monday, my husband left for Kentucky (the Morehead area) and didn't return until Thursday. And he didn't take his car. It was mine for FOUR days!

Now, don't get me wrong – I LOVE my Xterra. But on occasion, I like driving the convertible. Especially during warm weather (which we were having)! I pictured driving his car, the top down, feeling the wind in my face & hair, enjoying the weather. Was that too much to ask?

Apparently it was.

On Sunday, he noticed the back tire was going flat (roofing nail from the parking lot at his work), so on Monday (a nice, warm Monday, I might add) it was at Goodyear getting fixed.

Tuesday it rained.

Wednesday was cold and a little rainy.

Thursday was colder.

I like the wind in my face, but it's gotta be WARM wind.

Watch – we'll have a heat wave next week.

So unfair!


4 comments:

LD Masterson said...

I understand. I love my little Saab convertable. Wouldn't trade it for any hardtop in the world.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey Stacy - I have never been in a convertible. Oh wait, I lied. Now I remember one time. I was in the back seat and when I got out my hair was a mess.

I looked like I stuck my finger in a socket. Twice.

But it was fun.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - I like owning the convertible, not sure I'd want to drive it everyday, though. It's hard to see out when the top is up!

Hey Ivy! Long time no see! Yeah, the backseat is a killer in a convertible. And if your hair isn't in a ponytail, well, let's just say I have a scarf in the car at all times!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Linda - I guess I should have said - hard to see out the BACK, because I CAN see out the front okay! :)