Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Favorite Movies I Never Tire of Watching

So busy finishing (yes – finishing!!!) the edits of Book 4, I didn't have much time to work on this blog. I'll still give the final ten pages another look on Thursday, but I think the story is solid – and that's what matters the most.

Anyway, I looked through our stash of DVDs (of which you can see from this picture taken last year – the collection has grown a little since and doesn't include all the John Wayne movies my husband has in an identical case) and wrote down the ones I could watch over and over and over. Well, I could probably watch them all over, but would need a year or two between watches. Not this list. If I'm flipping through the television channels and run across one of these movies, I'll stop and watch it. That's how much I like these.

Here they are, in alphabetical order – my favorite movies I never tire of watching:

  • American President
  • Back to the Future
  • Beetlejuice
  • The Birds
  • Bringing Up Baby
  • Bull Durham
  • Dave
  • Die Hard
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Ladyhawke
  • A League of Their Own
  • Love, Actually
  • Major League
  • Music & Lyrics
  • Notting Hill
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Pretty Woman
  • Romancing the Stone
  • Sleepless in Seattle
  • Sound of Music
  • Star Trek – The Voyage Home
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Young Frankenstein

Have I hit any of your favorites? Or are you like my dad – watch a movie once and then forget about it?

And if there's a movie here you've never heard about, tell me. I'll then tell you why you should watch it!




5 comments:

LD Masterson said...

Nope, I know them all. Got some good ones on there.

The Happy Whisk said...

Some of those I've seen, some not.

Big Congrats on working so hard. Very very cool.

Happy Writing.

B.E. Sanderson said...

A lot of these are on my list, too - although I'm more a 'Star Trek: Wrath of Khan' repeater. And where you've got a lot of baseball movies, I've got a lot of football movies. (Unnecessary Roughness, The Replacements... that sort of thing.) Although, I could watch A League of Their Own over and over.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Ivy! I'll be even happier when I finally send my project out to my crit partners!

B.E. - I like the football movies, too, and we own the ones you listed, but they're more of my husband's favorites. Of course, if he's watching one, I will tend to sit down and watch with him.

DL Hammons said...

Thirteen on your list would be on mine as well. One that would be near the top is Field of Dreams! :)