Monday, December 8, 2014

It Was a Good Season

Unfortunately, it didn’t end with a win. Wayne High School became the runner-up in the Ohio HS Division I Championship game. I really thought they could win this year. It’s not easy beating those private schools (Lakewood St. Edward won), but we beat last year’s champion (yep, private) just to get to this year’s game. It wasn’t meant to be, I guess. We can hope for next year, but so many are graduating this year. You never know, though.

However… Did you see??? The Ohio State Buckeyes were ranked #4!!! I swear, I screamed when I saw the results. I didn’t think they’d make it. Didn’t think they’d get the votes. Surprise!! They will play in the Sugar Bowl against #1 Alabama. Let’s go Bucks!

See, it doesn’t take much to get me excited again.

I would show you the pictures I took at the game, but my connection to the Internet is funky at best at the time of this posting and it was taking FOR-EV-ER to bring up a photo. I'd blame it on my computer, except my husband was having the same difficulty. Anyway, you aren't missing much. It was freezing (okay, 39 degrees, but close enough!!) and I only took four pictures (all before the game started).

So…what are your plans for this week? I want to write and break through this wall I apparently built.

**CRACK**

**POW**

Yeah, I’m ready!

Have a great Monday!

Stacy

11 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I know what you mean about walls. I just keep chipping away at it.

This week I will settle for getting the house clean.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Yeah, I should clean the house someday. Haha! :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Okay, I don't know what's going on with Blogger, but I swear, I do NOT have Word Verification turned on, not did I mess with my settings since Friday. So if anyone knows what's going on with that number verification thing, and how I can turn it off, please tell me!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

+1 on writing and breaking through a wall. Go Bucks! And Go Steelers!

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't have any set plans for this week, other than to keep on with the house projects. Well, toss in a few good bakes, too.

Happy Christmas.

JeffO said...

It's hard to get that far and then lose in the title game, but that's a great season all the same.

Hammer down that wall!

dolorah said...

Reading is on my plate for the week. Its supposed to rain, and I like reading during rainy weather.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I loved seeing the Steelers win. Just wish they'd beat the lousy teams, too! :)

Ivy - Bake me something, too! :)

Jeff - I'd love to hammer down the wall, but right now I feel like I'm using an ice pick (or something smaller). Ugh.

Donna - I like reading during ANY weather! Haha! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Will do. What do you fancy?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Mmmm... Something with cinnamon. Or maybe pumpkin. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh, good gosh, both of those sounds good.