Monday, March 27, 2017

Walking, Movies, and Books

It’s been awhile since I last did any kind of exercise. I’m hoping to get some walking in this week. Hubby’s appointments are all at 11:15 this week, meaning we don’t need to leave the house until 10:15. If I get up at 7:00 and walk for an hour, I’ll still have plenty of time to eat and clean up.

Of course, that’s provided I get up at 7:00. And then feel like walking.

See… it’s really hard to get back into a routine once you’ve fallen out of it. But if the weather is nice in the morning, I will go out walking.

I will, I tell you! J

I saw a movie preview for My Cousin Rachel, which is due out June 9th. Wow, that looks interesting. And it’s based on a book? But I want to read the book first (it’s by Daphne du Maurier). When it becomes available at the library, I might just do that. Or break down and buy a copy. It’s not like I don’t have a stack of books to read as it is!

Then I noticed she wrote The Birds, too. That’s one of my favorite movies, but I’ve never read the book (or rather, short story/novella). Someday I’ll rectify that.

So… Have you read any books by Daphne du Maurier? Think you'll go see this movie? I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to actually take notice of her books! They all look so interesting.

Happy Monday!
 
Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Walking is one of the best fat-burning exercises out there. My wife and I walk a mile or two every night after dinner. Get out there an walk!

Maria Zannini said...

We're too busy to walk. Ha! So much for the easy life of retirement.

Yoga is still my preferred exercise.

Hope your hubby is doing well.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I did walk today! Yay. So nice, too. No rain and fairly warm.

Maria - Too busy to walk...ain't that the truth. So many times I want to walk somewhere because it's so nice out, but don't have the time. And when I do have the time, the weather doesn't cooperate. Pooh!

JeffO said...

I had not heard of this (book or movie) at all. Here's to re-establishing your routine!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Two out of two days so far (for walking). My feet haven't retaliated yet. :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Here's to getting back into the groove :-)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - I have a feeling it's going to take time (and work) to get that done. Ugh.