Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Met a Goal!

I reached a goal early. My reading goal. Surprise, surprise!

When I set the goal to read 50 books in a year, I wasn't sure I could make it. I didn't read that many last year, so I figured it would be a challenge. Apparently it wasn't as I finished number 50 last night.

I've read a lot of great books this year. Now I'm curious how many I'll get read in 2011. I'll be going on a cruise in December and plan on taking lots of books with me. Of course, I'll have my laptop, too, so I can finish writing my WIP. My husband said I could. Ain't he great??

Other news events - if you don't follow DL Hammon's blog, get on over there and vote for Round 1 of  the WRiTE CLUB. It's not too late to join in the fun (there will be 12 rounds), but make sure you follow the rules. This is all I will say about it. You'll have to check it out for yourself. Now you're curious, aren't you?

11 comments:

Isis Rushdan said...

Wow, 50 in 1 yr. I'm envious. I simply don't have the time to read so many, but wish I did. Enjoy your cruise filled with lots of writing, reading and a wonderful hubby.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Isis - most of my reading is done at lunch (during the paying job). And I take advantage of every place I have to stand in line (so I carry a book with me always), a tip I got from Stephen King in his "On Writing" book.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats, Stacy! I used to read about that in a year, but I think I've dropped off over the past few years, especially after publishing and getting more active in social media. Have fun on your cruise! My favorite thing about vacation is having more time to read!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Goal completion requires a treat. Chocolate or a manicure or something. Congrats!

LD Masterson said...

You should do something to celebrate. How about...reading a new book!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I don't think I need to worry about getting more active in social media. My phone won't allow it and I leave my computer at home.

Melissa - I was going to say what Linda said, she just beat me to it! Although, chocolate does sound good (and probably tastes better!).

Linda - Exactly. In fact I'm on #51 right now (and yes, I bought THAT book for its cover - as you can see in the sidebar which book I'm currently reading).

Thanks for the comments!

Ciara said...

Wow, 50 in less than a year. I'm not sure I've read 50 in the last five years. :( I hope to return to reading soon. I need to finish book I sold on proposal then I can pick up my next book in my growing TBR pile. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Hi Ciara!
Good luck on your book and I hope you're able to get a few books read before you start on your next!
Thanks for stopping by.

DL Hammons said...

YAY for you! That is quite an achievement.

And thank you...but I'm not going to say for what. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

You're welcome, Don!
And thank you!

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on hitting your goal. Go you. Rah.