Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Friday

How many people had a wet Fourth of July? It rained for most of the day here. While the Dragons did play, and we had tickets, I didn’t feel like sitting out in the rain to watch, so we stayed home and watched “Captain America” instead (good movie!).

Yes, the Dragons won. I’m really surprised they got a game in, too!

My husband said he will be able to take my birthday off, so if the weather is good, then we’ll either go to the Wilds (near Zanesville) or take a lunch cruise on the BB Riverboat (in Cincinnati). I haven’t decided yet. I’m leaning toward the Wilds. I just hope it’s not a rainy day.

Should finish going over BITE ME, I’M YOURS today, then I can print it out for my daughter to read. When I do, I’ll first treat myself to “True Blood” (I haven’t watched this season’s episodes yet) and after that, I’ll finally clean the house. Have a friend coming over on the thirteenth, which is the motivation I need to clean; otherwise, it just doesn’t get done. Yeah, I’m bad.

Once the daughter has read my story (and she better read it fast), I’ll fix whatever mistakes she’s found and then send it off to my editor. Gosh, I can’t wait!! I’m so close!

So…what’s your favorite jelly/jam/preserves? Mine is raspberry. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

 
Stacy

(turning **mumble, mumble** years old in 13 wake ups!)

 

9 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Mumble, mumble. Haha. You're funny.

Raspberry for me, as well. Though lekvar (Hungarian prune jam, my own homemade), still takes the top prize.

Cheers and boogie boogie.

Maria Zannini said...

We had a beautiful day on the Fourth. Would've been better without the fireworks (for the dogs' sakes).

My favorite jam is blackberry or apricot.

JeffO said...

For the first time in what feels like forever, we did not get a downpour. And you're not alone--I don't want to tell you how messy our house is!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Nothing with prunes in it sounds appealing to me. I remember being forced to eat one during 6th grade camp. Not pleasant!

Maria - Blackberry jam sounds good. Not a fan of apricots, though. It would be nice if restaurants had little packets of unique flavors instead of the standard grape and strawberry, then I could sample them.

Jeff - I envy those people with the "clean" gene. I think my husband and I must have the "clutter" gene. Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

+1 for raspberry - and don't leave out the seeds! I've always wanted to visit the Wilds - whatever you do, hope it's fun!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Yay for raspberry. I don't know why I love it so much! We've been to the Wilds before and really liked it.

Jen B said...

Oh the Wilds looks very neat. I hope you get to do that on a sunny day! :)

Michael Seese said...

Orange marmalade.

The Happy Whisk said...

Forced to eat one? Yikes.