Friday, July 12, 2013

Mission Accomplished!

Wow! I honestly didn’t think I’d make it. What is that? Cleaning the house, of course!

In any novel/movie/TV show, when a character makes plans, conflict ensues. Right? Well, no difference in real life, I suppose. No sooner had I planned on cleaning the house when I get hit with projects.

First, I was asked if I could judge a contest. Now, I had originally applied to judge, but apparently my name was not written down, so I wasn’t included in the initial assignments. But…problems occurred and I was asked if I could help. Sure. I’ve never done it before, and I didn’t have anything else besides cleaning (and maybe watching “True Blood”). I hadn’t even received the piece I was to judge when I got an e-mail from my editor.

That’s right. Line edits are due! Yikes! Ah, but there isn’t much to fix. Whew!

Still, I was a little nervous. Contest deadline was Friday. Edit deadline was the following Wednesday (but I hate to make her wait). And I had to have (okay, wanted) the house clean by Saturday.

All turned out well, though. Contest piece was returned on Wednesday (easier than I thought) and my edits were finished on Thursday (I just need to re-read it and make sure I didn’t screw up anything - yep, picky that way). And the house? Floors are the last thing left and they will be done this morning.

Yep. I even shocked myself. You know, it’s kind of nice to have a clean house. Let’s see how long I can keep it up. J

Now I’m all ready for my friend, who is coming over Saturday to cook me my birthday dinner. Can’t wait. If I remember, I’ll take some pictures, just so you can be envious of me (because our friend really does know how to spoil us rotten!).

If you haven’t checked out WRiTE Club yet, it’s not too late to join the fun. You just have to sign up first (if you want your vote to count, that is). There’s a bout posted each Monday and Thursday, and you have a week from the posting date to vote.

Daughter is half-way through BITE ME (Book 1). She’s found lots of nit-picky stuff (better her than the editor, right?). At least they’re all minor (so far). But on Monday I will start work on BLIND TEMPTATION (Book 6). My goal? Write 3,000 words each day (although I would like to see if I can do 5,000). Sort of my own Na-No, if you will. I really want to see if I have it in me (writing a first draft in less than 30 days), especially since I don’t have an outside job taking up my time.

You got any plans for the weekend? Hope the weather cooperates for you (if you need it to, that is).

Happy Friday!

 
Stacy

(turning **mumble, mumble** years old in 6 wake ups!)

 

7 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats on getting the house cleaned! That's always an accomplishment. :) I'm hoping to ride my motorcycle this weekend, but still recovering from last weekend's nasty cold, so we'll see. Hope your birthday's fun!

AlphaChick said...

Well done on the cleaning - boring to do but so worth it when the house shines. I tend to think about writing while I'm cleaning, so I can pretend it's creative time and not 'wasted'!

Not many plans for the weekend - need to start typing up my novel from my notebooks, as I currently have about 22,000 words all in long hand and therefore un-backed up. My husband keeps scaring me by saying what if they're stolen or we have a fire...

Have a lovely birthday, please do post and make us jealous!

Jen B said...

Glad you got everything done! 3000-5000 words per day sound like an awesome goal! Good luck! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

I love a clean house before the weekend starts. Just love it.

That's the big plans for tonight, get the crappers cleaned and the kitchen. Some laundry.

Then it's work all weekend for me, but hopefully home early enough to do something fun with Tim.

Congrats to you and all your hard work. You are seriously kicking some MAJOR BUTT.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I would think the fresh air would do you good. The weather should hold out. Hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow??

Alpha - When I'm cleaning, my only thought is about finishing! Haha! Good luck on your transcribing. I wrote some of my first book long hand and found I edited a lot when I put it on the computer. But yeah, I'd be afraid of losing that, too!

Jen B - I hope it's a goal I can achieve, too! I'm certainly going to give it my all.

Ivy - Still have laundry, but that's nothing compared to what I went through this week. You'd think I'd learn, but no.

dolorah said...

Happy Birthday Stacy!

You know, floors are the last thing I clean too. Well, if you don't count windows, which get cleaned as the mood strikes me (rarely).

......dhole

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Donna. Windows don't normally get cleaned here, either. I'm NEVER in the mood. Haha!