Friday, May 16, 2014

I’m at RT and I’m Still Alive!!

I survived my first actual author events yesterday at RT. And if I wasn’t so freakin’ tired, I’d download my pictures and post some, but that ain’t happening. Instead, you get a short post.

I’m discovering more and more that I’m just not a party girl. Last night was the “Pub Crawl.” I refused to leave the pub (Pat O’Briens) that Kensington was hosting. Walking down Bourbon Street is not my idea of a good time. Of course, neither is standing for two hours, but I did what I needed to do and maybe some people remember seeing me. The Kensington event prior to the Pub Crawl was a whole bunch more fun. A lot of people were intrigued with the cover to My Sunny Vampire and I handed out a lot of postcards. We’ll see if it generates any sales. I’d like to think it does!

This morning my goal is to walk down to Café DuMonde for breakfast. Or should I say, beignets? Because, that’s what I REALLY want. Who cares if they aren’t nutritious? They’re yummy!

I think tonight will be a quiet night. Unless someone drags me, I will forego going to the party, which means the hubby and I can head on over to Mothers for dinner. Yummy!

Have a good weekend!

Stacy

 

8 comments:

B.E. Sanderson said...

Yay for surviving! I'm so glad everyone seems to be loving the cover. I'm sure you'll generate more sales. Have fun and stay safe. =o)

Stacy McKitrick said...

B.E. - I'm doing my best (at the having fun AND staying safe!). :)

Bonnie said...

Stacy,
Hang in there. Those beignets are to die for.
Have a great weekend.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Bonnie, I've had beignets from Cafe Beignet before, but not Cafe Du Monde. Well...until today! Man, they were soooooooo good!!!

Michael Seese said...

I just think it's cool you're THERE.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Michael - I'm assuming you mean New Orleans?? Haha!

The Happy Whisk said...

Not a party girl, either.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Does that make us fuddy duddies? :)