Wednesday, July 16, 2014

No Wednesday Reads

I have no books to report. Is the fact I’m reading slower a sign of the book or a sign that I’m busy? Hmmm…

I think it might be a little of both. I’m trying to get Blind Temptation finished, so reading is taking a back seat. However… I’ve been known to ignore that when I’m reading a book I can’t put down. Maybe it’s a good thing I’m NOT reading a book I can’t put down. I’d never get my project done!

And man, this project is kicking my butt. I’d like to think I’m past the hard parts since I’m past the half-way point (the beginning of my stories usually need more work than the end, mainly because I wasn’t sure about my characters and there’s lots to fix). And if that is the case, the rest should be smooth sailing. Then I got to the first sex scene. Why are they so much more fun to read than write? Man, that sucker needs WORK. Of course, most of my emotionally-laden scenes do.

Hmmm… Maybe I’m reading the wrong TYPE of book. J I need to read something to get me into the mood. Emotionally, you know. **snicker**

Anyone watch the Home Run Derby on Monday? I thought it was cool that Todd Frazier made it to the finals (even if he didn’t win). Did you know he used to be a Dayton Dragon? I love seeing our former players do so well!

We got our new bed delivered yesterday and since I’m writing this yesterday (what—did you actually think I got up and posted these at six am?), I have yet to discover how good it is (or isn’t). I’ll make sure to put something in the comments.

So… Is the weather cool where you’re at? It will be in the low seventies for the next several days. Nights down in the low fifties. Unheard of for this time of year. I’m kind of enjoying it!

Happy reading!

Stacy

8 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Re: We got our new bed delivered yesterday...

In that case, I hope you're still in bed. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Well...no. I still got up at 6:15 (this time to have breakfast with the hubby--usually it's to walk). Can't say for sure if the bed is better. It certainly is softer. I'll probably have to give it a few sleeps to decide.

The Happy Whisk said...

I was up at four and bakes in the oven by seven. Nearly done. On break now. Glad you got your new bed. Hope you have a killer rest of the week.

Cold here. But that's okay, I just go in the Lemon Tart Room, and turn on the NetFlix fireplace, and snuggle next to a put and read. On my Nook. It's all very high-tech.

Cheers to you and boogie boogie.

JeffO said...

Sports largely doesn't exist for me until the NHL starts up again, and skills competitions in any sport usually leave me yawning.

Is it the Koontz you're reading? I haven't read anything by him in years, I may have to take a look at what he's got.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - Can't imagine your techy fireplace gives out much heat! :) Hope you had a good day reading.

Jeff - You sound like my daughter. It's NHL or nothing for her. As for reading, yes, I'm reading Koontz. It's interesting, but I'm kind of wondering what it's all about.

The Happy Whisk said...

I didn't read, I baked all day yesterday for about a billion hours. Was way better than reading.

Ha.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - A billion hours? That's one LONG day, huh? And you've got it all wrong. The only thing better than reading is WRITING! Hahahahaha! :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Ha. Good answer. I just said that to tease you. Well played.

Anyway, Good Morning & Happy Friday!