Monday, July 20, 2015

My Weekend Was… Whew!

Sometimes I think the busier my weekend, the less chance I have of actually writing a blog for Monday.

Or maybe, the more television I watch with my husband on Sunday night, the less chance I have of actually writing a blog for Monday.

I’ll have to go with the second, I think, since we’ve been watching Season 3 of NCIS. Good thing my husband got a phone call. Gave me a chance to get something written down! That’s not to say my weekend wasn’t busy.

It was so busy, I didn’t even get a chance to READ. Now, THAT’S busy!

I had a blast on my birthday. Breakfast with my sweetie and the oldest. Watched “A League of Their Own” with the family (that film makes me cry every time I watch it!). Opened presents (yay!). Played card games with the family. Had dinner at The Pub (very good food – I had the shephard’s pie). Played more card games. Had birthday cake for dessert (mmmm… raspberry filling, too!). And played more card games.

Would you believe I didn’t win at any of the games? What gives!

But it was fun spending the day with my favorite people. Can’t get any better than that.

I also received four contest entries to judge on Saturday (yep, doing THAT again). I completed one of those on Sunday. That certainly took up some time (and drove me a little nutso). I’m seriously wondering if I ever want to judge again.

We also watched the 3rd round of the British Open (they call it The Open over there). So I’m hoping I remember to watch the 4th round this morning (I want Jordan Spieth to win!). I figure as long as I write something down here, I’ll remember! Hahahahaha! J

And then wouldn’t you believe it? As soon as I get ready to SAVE this stupid document so I can post it on my blog, my computer froze up! Grumble grumble.

I’m beginning to think buying a Hewlett Packard Pro Book was not such a wise move. My old Toshiba didn’t give me THIS much trouble.

So… Did you take any naps for me this past weekend?

Stacy

9 comments:

JeffO said...

My wife and I watched the last two (or maybe 3) episodes of Sons of Anarchy last night, so no writing for me, either. What an exhausting series!

Happy birthday weekend, sounds like you had a great time!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I've never watched Sons of Anarchy. Can't say the show has never interested me, because I never see ads for it. Oh well... It's not like I NEED to watch another series.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time!

Busy is good as long as it's busy doing fun stuff.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - So true. Busy is always better when it's a fun busy. :)

dolorah said...

There's no crying in baseball :)

I don't mind losing solitaire games, just means I start the same one over again. I have an ap on my phone that includes several I like.

Yes I did nap for you. Several times. Thank you for the catch-up sleep.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Donna - You're quite welcome!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I spent all day formatting a print book for my editor, so my blog didn't happen either. Maybe tonight!

Glad you had a fun birthday! I can't take naps, or I'd take one for myself...

The Happy Whisk said...

Happy Birthday. Nothing like having fun. No naps for me this past weekend, it was too busy shopping with Tim's mom. She was in town and we wanted to take her to a few stores. But ... it kicked my butt in the end.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Ooops. How'd I miss you? Must be that old age getting to me. Haha! Looks like you had a busy weekend, too, though. Hopefully your turtle is doing better.

Ivy - A shame you can't enjoy a day out shopping. Not that I like shopping, I don't, but a lot of people do. Enjoy your rest, and don't let those nanners tell you differently!