Monday, January 18, 2016

Rust City Book Con and My Novella

Live near the Detroit area? Then check out the Rust City Book Con. It’s being held August 12-14, 2016 in Troy, Michigan. This is their first year and I couldn’t resist giving it a go.

That’s right… I signed up for another convention. That makes three (four if you count Dragon*Con, although I’m not there as an author—yet). This one is different, since it’s not a book convention for just romance writers. Lots of genres are welcome. I hope it becomes a big success. It would be nice to have another convention not too far from home. Plus, I wouldn’t mind being seen by more people.

I’m in the process of getting a cover done for A Vampire Wedding. I found an awesome photo, but not sure if I’ll be able to use it. I hope I can. It kind of fits the story.

Not that my story is done (**heavy sigh**). My daughter read it and had some issues with a couple of things so that means I have to rethink some scenes. Not what I was hoping for.

Hey, but did I mention I found an awesome photo for the cover? Keeping fingers crossed I can use it. I’ll be so…so disappointed if I can’t.

This week is free from appointments. Yay! I must buckle down and get to work (I am so far behind). Probably should start with the novella.

Football season is pretty much over for me. Steelers lost last night (boo hoo) in a close game. I still have the Carolina Panthers to root for and I’m hoping it’s them and Denver in the Super Bowl. I do NOT want the Patriots in it again. Ugh!

So… Did you have a productive weekend? Or was it filled with naps? Saturday was busy for me (RWA Chapter meeting in Columbus), but Sunday was nice and quiet. Almost finished crocheting one potholder. Still have to embroider my name on the back piece before I stitch them together, but hopefully I’ll have a picture for you next week (I try to be good and only work on my crochet projects on the weekend).

Have a great Monday!
 
Stacy

7 comments:

JeffO said...

Didn't see the game, but the fact that Roethlisberger was able to throw for over 300 yards with a bum wing makes me think Denver doesn't have much of a chance against New England. From my casual perspective, it looks like the Steelers had a tendency this year to let games slip away late.

Hope all your various ailments are healing well, enjoy your week!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I'm hoping the altitude in Denver will work against the Patriots. And maybe another week will make Manning stronger (he wasn't all that great yesterday). As for the Steelers, they were lucky they made it that far. Still, I would have liked for them to have gone farther. Oh well...

Maria Zannini said...

Conventions are fun even if they are usually expensive. I hope you'll give us a report after your trip.

dolorah said...

I envy you and all those conventions. I haven't been to one in years.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - They are fun. It's why I keep trying to find cheaper ones. :)

Donna - I am blessed that I can afford to go to so many, that's for sure. Once hubby retires, that may all change! :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Good luck on the photo! And the revisions.

My weekend was mostly spent learning some web development stuff (for myself, not the day job), so that was fun. Now back to the writing this evening...

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Got the photo. Yay! Almost done with revisions. Double Yay! This novella might actually be done soon. Haha!