Friday, January 15, 2016

This Week Sucked

This week sucked…exercise-wise.

Tuesday it was snowing. No exercise.

Yesterday I had a medical procedure at 9:00am (had to leave at 8:00am). No exercise.

Today I am still recovering (yeah, I’m all right, but I was told to avoid lifting anything over 10 lbs). No exercise.

At least I exercised on Monday and Wednesday. I must make an enormous effort this Monday to get up early and go to the fitness center. These excuses, while valid, can snowball into invalid excuses. I know. I’ve done it many times before.

But… good news! My foot doesn’t hurt near as much as it did last week. I can walk on the treadmill again. I haven’t been able to do much, but what little I did do, didn’t come back to bite me in the foot! J Hopefully I can get my speed back up to 3mph (or better) next week. **fingers crossed**

This week sucked…writing-wise.

Due to appointments and errands, I’m behind in my writing. Figures, huh? On the upside, I am reading more. Helps pass the time while waiting for those appointments (or standing in line at the post office!). I really hate having so many appointments and errands in one week. Really messes up my routine. Not that I have much of one. J

So… If your routine gets interrupted, can you put it back on track, or do you let it derail for the rest of the day? I let it derail. I really shouldn’t, but old habits really are hard to break.

Here’s to a weekend I hope DOESN’T suck (Go Steelers! Go Penguins!).
 
Stacy

8 comments:

JeffO said...

There seems to be a certain tipping point where it becomes easier not to do something. I got this way this past year with my writing group. Once I got out of the habit of going, it became a habit not to go. I'm glad your foot is feeling better, have a great weekend!

B.E. Sanderson said...

So glad your foot is feeling better. Sorry your week sucked. :hugs: Here's to having a better week next week.

Since I work mostly at night, I have one shot to get it done. It's not like I can put it off until later. So yeah, when I let the routine fall off track, it's derailed until the next day. And I can only do that so much before it craps out my schedule. After I started self-publishing, I'm better about it. The deadlines I force on myself tend to keep me in line. Mostly. Sometimes. Then again, I'm famous for waiting until the last minute and spending the last few days before it's due typing like a freak. I'm working on that. ;o)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - I really hate that I tend to go the easy route so many times. Winter just makes it so hard NOT to! Ugh. See? More excuses. :)

Beth - I really must think about setting some deadlines for myself. Oh wait, I did. I have a feeling I'll do what you do...wait until the last minute! Haha!

Maria Zannini said...

Even if my day gets derailed, I try to get at least ONE thing on my list finished. If I don't it makes me feel like I wasted the day.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - Yeah, even when I'm busy as heck (due to appointments or errands), it seems like I didn't do anything at all if I can't get some writing in there. I'm always afraid once I get into that, I'll lose track of time. I need to keep telling myself I have timers in the house for a reason. Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Having my routine derailed like this is a killer for me! Sometimes I can recover, i.e., if said appointment is in the day, and I still get home about the same time as usual. But otherwise, ugh.

And go Steelers! (Though I'm not too optimistic.)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I can seem to deal with morning appointments. But if it's after lunch? Yeah, I have a hard time getting back on track! :)

Stephanie Faris said...

A new week begins! I know what you mean, though. This week a medical appointment and personal stuff got me off my writing routine. I'll start fresh tomorrow!