Friday, January 13, 2017

It Can’t Be Me…Can It?

After the last couple of days, I’m starting to develop a complex. It’s gotten so bad even my daughter threatened me.

What’s happening? you ask.

Well… you see… I have yet to WATCH the Penguins win a game this season.

Not just in person, but on TV, too.

On Wednesday their game was on NBCSN (which is usually the only way I can see them play). I was all excited until they started losing. And losing badly. Ah, but Daughter was going to her friend’s house on Thursday (they have the NHL package) and Hubby was teaching. I was finally able to go with her. The Penguins haven’t lost two games in a row since last year. I was finally going to see them win!

Okay, so now they’ve lost two games in a row since 90 games ago. NINETY. GAMES.

I’d hate to think I was the cause of the Penguins losing, but Daughter told me that if we don’t break this cycle (and I have tickets to three upcoming games: 1 in Columbus, 2 in Pittsburgh), that I wouldn’t be allowed (ALLOWED!) to watch them play for the Stanley Cup.

Man, that would just suck. But I’d certainly HATE to be the reason they lost. Not that that’s possible. Right?

RIGHT???

So… Are you the superstitious type? I’d like to say I’m not, but I’m a sports fan. There’s always superstition about!

Happy Friday the Thirteenth! Is this a good luck day or what? Hahahahaha!

Stacy

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm not superstitious, but things like that make me wonder. If I'm watching my team and they start to lose, I switch channels.
Hopefully the Penguins win their next game. Fortunately, it's still early enough in the season.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Oh, I'm SURE the Penguins will win on Saturday. I won't be watching that game. :)

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Not usually superstitious, but the fact my brother was born on Friday the 13th has always made me wonder...

And that awful OSU game on New Year's Eve... you were watching, weren't you? (LOL, j/k)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette -- Okay, now. I watched OSU ALL SEASON, so I can't be blamed for that loss. Haha! :D

JeffO said...

Do me a favor and be sure to tune in on Jan. 22 and 26!

It's amazing how sports can make otherwise rational people into lucky shirt-wearing, can only sit on this chairing loonies, isn't it?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Haha! Anything to give the Bruins a win, huh? Jan 22nd is a football day anyway. Playoffs beat regular season hockey. And I'm not so sure my daughter's friend will be so receptive of me coming to watch the next time. Not until I broke my curse!