Monday, May 1, 2017

It’s Finally May? Thank Goodness!

Happy May Day. No offense to my daughter, because her birthday is in that month, but I really didn’t think April was ever going to end. She has been getting some bad luck with her last two birthdays, though (Hubby was recovering from surgery last year). Hopefully next year everyone will be WELL and she can enjoy her birthday more.

I’m hoping we’ll be able to get to our first Dragons game of the season this month (we had tickets for Sunday, but ended up selling them. Hubby just didn’t think he could handle being outside and I kind of agreed with him). Got to watch the game on TV, though and saw the Dragons WIN! In fact, I believe they’re in first place in their division. Yay!

RT (Romantic Times Booklovers Convention) is coming this month and I leave for Atlanta tomorrow, for a week full of some crazy-fun. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some new readers. I’m not selling any books there, but I am in a couple of the reader events and will have postcards with links to buy the e-books. Besides, attendees will be so loaded up with paper books, they’d probably prefer digital. That’s my hope, anyway.

We have a long weekend trip to the Mammouth Caves (in Kentucky) planned for the end of this month. I really do hope Hubby’s recovered enough by then (I’ve already booked tours). Of course, I’ll probably be the slowpoke on those tours. I may be able to walk 4 miles a day, but climbing is a different issue. My heart will definitely get a workout.

Which, yes, I have been walking again. Have been pretty regular for the last two weeks (5X a week, around 4 miles a day, for about 1:15 a trek). This week will be a bust, sort of. I did sign up for a fitness class at RT for 3 of the days. I may not be able to DO the exercises, but I will go. I will, I tell you!

So yeah, May looks to be a whole lot more fun than April did (minus my two cardiology appointments, although if I get good news, then it won’t matter).

May also has more HOCKEY! At least for us fans who still have a team in the race. So far the Penguins have been playing pretty good in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Or should I say Marc-Andre Fleury has been playing EXCELLENT! Man, I love that guy. Game three against the Washington Capitals is tonight in Pittsburgh. And I’m pretty sure I’ll be finding a TV in Atlanta on Wednesday that has game 4. If I’m lucky, the hotel room’s TV has NBCSports. J

So… How does your May look? Are you busy this month, too? Hopefully it’s FUN busy!

Happy Monday!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know I prefer digital. Good luck at the convention.
Hope your husband is up for the cave tours.
And go Pens! They have to beat the Capitals. They just have to.

Maria Zannini said...

Whoa! Cave tours are really more taxing than they look. At least the one we went on. Keep some water with you, and a towel. Oh, and good rubber soled shoes because it's usually slippery.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I prefer paper books to read (seeing the cover, and the title, remind me what I'm reading!! Haha!). Although digital does take up less space.

Maria - I've taken some other cave tours, so it's not completely foreign for me. I'll just have to do some walking uphill to get more in shape (although if it's my heart and not my stamina, there's not much I can do I suppose). I'm thinking all the climbing will come at the END of the tour, since we'll probably walk down to the caves. It probably won't matter how slow I am then. Haha!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Hope you and your hubby have fun on the cave tour!

May is going to be craaaaazy busy for me. Not only is it birthday month for my family, but also daughter's graduation and moving home, and a weekend trip, plus other stuff going on...

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Graduation! Gosh, has it been THAT long already? Yikes. :)

dolorah said...

I'm really hoping for some spring weather in May. Good luck at the convention.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Donna! I'm looking forward to some nice weather, too.