Monday, October 16, 2017

Publishing Update and Have Lunch With Some Authors

I finally got the print format for Ghostly Liaison and My Sunny Vampire uploaded to Createspace, so now the waiting game begins. I’ll still get a proof copy first (because you never know…), but I sure hope I’m done with these two.

Bite Me, I’m Yours is with Hubby (via Enterprise Book Services) to format the e-book and paperback. He said I should get the e-book version by today to upload. It’ll probably be a few days later for the print format. I just hope it’s all done before I leave on my vacation (which starts Friday—yay!).

By the way, here’s the new cover to Bite Me, I’m Yours. Isn’t it great? I think Maria Zannini (www.bookcoverdiva.blogspot.com) has done a wonderful job in creating my covers. And she puts up a lot from me, too (because I can be so indecisive at times).

So, to sum it up, here are the statuses of the following books I’m working on:

  • My Sunny Vampire: e-books available for sale; print book in process
  • Bite Me, I’m Yours: e-books and print book in process
  • Ghostly Liaison: e-books available for sale; print book in process
  • Ghostly Interlude: with copy editor.

I can’t believe how time consuming it’s been to get these books out. I DESERVE that vacation now! And I’m really hoping I get some writing done because yes, that does sound like a fun thing to do on vacation. It’s been way too long since I wrote anything NEW.

If you’re in the Cincinnati area (or even if you’re not—haha!) and you’d like to have lunch with a bunch of us authors (because hey, that’s fun!), here’s a great opportunity and it’s for a good cause, too. The Book Chicks of Cincinnati is holding a Christmas luncheon/book signing with proceeds going to the Toys for Tots. I had a blast last year (as did everyone), but if we don’t get more tickets sold, it could very well be cancelled this year. L You can find all the details HERE, but before you go registering, email me first (stacy @ stacymckitrick . com—without the spaces). I’ll send you a code to get $5 off.

SPORTS! Wayne HS won on Friday, with 14 seconds left in the game!!! I even found a video of it HERE (it's not long, less than a minute). Aaack. Too exciting! Saturday was a nice sports day. OSU won. USC won. Penguins won. Dodgers won. And WVU won (yes, I like them, too). And Sunday the Steelers squeaked by KC in a nerve-wracking win, the Rams beat the Jags, and the Dodgers won it in the 9th inning with a walk off home run!! They’re up 2-0 in the NLCS. I could use more fun sports weekends like that.

So… Which sports are you enjoying/focusing on now? You can see what interest me (and did you notice I don’t mention the NBA? Yeah, I don’t like them). This certainly is the busy season, isn’t it?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good luck with the event.
That's a lot of book projects. When Bite me is released everywhere, let me know so I can feature it.
After last week, I didn't even watch the Steelers yesterday.

JeffO said...

You've been busy! Writing on vacation is a good thing, as long as you are also doing other things. Enjoy it!

Bruins--ugh. After a great first game against Nashville, they've been awful. AW. FUL. Worse than losing is they have looked lifeless at several points. Not something you want to see in your team five, six games into the season.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I thought for sure the Steelers would get spanked. So glad I was wrong. Still a little frustrating to watch, though.

Jeff - At least they beat Nashville! :) But lifeless teams aren't any fun to watch. I think that was my first experience with the Penguins (back in the early 2000s--pre Sid). I wanted to root for them for my daughter, but they kind of stunk!

Maria Zannini said...

re: I can’t believe how time consuming it’s been to get these books out.

Well, most people do quite this many books at one time. :)

At least once you're done publishing these, you can concentrate on new horizons.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I can't imagine how an author can regularly get that many books out at a time and still write quality stories. I just don't have that kind of talent!

The Happy Whisk said...

Is baking a sport?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Ivy - For you, yeah, baking is probably a sport. :)