Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Wednesday Reads and Today’s the Day

Today’s the day I get this cancer cut out of me. I hope they get it all. And I hope I get to come home tonight. As long as I come out of anesthesia okay, I will. Because, hey, there’s a hockey game on TV at 8pm (Let’s go Pens!). Sure hope I can stay awake to watch it. J

I’m also hoping to get a lot of reading done today (since I was told there’s a lot of lag time before my surgery), but at least I do have one book to report this week. Here’s what I read the past week:

Book #51

Dates read: September 15-27
Title: “Tempting the Light”
Year of publication: 2016
Author: Bonnie Gill
Genre: Paranormal romantic comedy
Series: L.A.M.P.S. #1
# of Pages: 263
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: Bad luck magnet Abby Fitzpatrick gets fired, catches her boyfriend cheating with a mime, and is cursed by an evil genie who pops out of a tampon box. She’s bound and determined to remove the spell and, as fate would have it, the hottest guy she’s ever met is out to kill her.
    River Stone, a Cryptid hunter for Legends and Myths Police Squad (L.A.M.P.S.), poses as sheriff for Abby’s hometown of Haber Cove, New Jersey. He’s out to find and capture a man-eating gnome and bag the legendary Jersey Devil monster. Little does he realize, the woman who catches his heart is the same creature that he was sent to destroy.
    Tempting the Light is the first novel in the L.A.M.P.S. series that features hunky secret agents who find true love while hunting and slaying dangerous Cryptids.
My thoughts: If you’re into crazy-humorous events, then give this book a try. Definitely light-hearted.

I’ve got some good news. I set up Ghostly Interlude on Goodreads. So if you’ve been waiting to add it to your “Want to Read” list, you don’t have to wait any longer. And to help you out, here’s the link for the book page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36347633-ghostly-interlude

Happy Reading!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Marked to read.

Maria Zannini said...

Be sure to rest...though I'm thinking hubby is going to be watching you like a hawk. :)

JeffO said...

Best of luck with the surgery, Stacy. Make sure you take the time needed to recover.

Unknown said...

I hope everything went well on your surgery. Thank you for reading and reviewing my book.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Thanks, Bonnie. I'm just glad I was able to finally buy your book. Took forever for it to show up at B&N. :)