Monday, December 18, 2017

I'm Back...Sort Of

Still driving home from the cruise, but stopped near Macon, GA (on the way to Atlanta) to watch the football games last night, so I had some time to write. Plus, I got INTERNET.

You don’t realize how much you miss it until you’re teased with having it.

Hubby purchased the premium package this time (to get streaming and a faster upload/download/whatever), but the Internet on the Conquest was so much worse than what we got for a standard package on the Miracle back in November! There was no way I was going to be able to post anything to the blog. Heck, I would have been surprised if I got the blog to show up on my laptop to begin with.

When it took me two minutes to just open an e-mail, you can imagine my frustration.

So yeah, I was TEASED with the Internet. I think I would have been better off thinking I couldn’t have it at all. And I tried to think that way. I really did.

Lucky for us, Hubby was able to get a 50% discount for the premium package, but still stay ON the premium package (I’m thinking the standard package had to have been CRAP), and plus his company was paying for it anyway. Thank goodness they didn’t need him for anything important. Not sure he could have helped any if they had.

I expect to be home by dinner time tonight. And you know what? I’m kind of in the mood to decorate for Christmas. Who’d have thought, right?

This cruise was very motivating. I actually got some words written on my WIP and more ideas are starting to come to me. Yay! You don’t know how happy that makes me feel.

As for the football games we watched yesterday… Never would have expected the Rams to CRUSH the Seahawks. Man, what fun that was to see! But the Steelers...Ugh. I was really hoping they would have pulled another win out of their a$$! Especially against the Patriots (I hate them soooo much). I just hope Antonio Brown isn’t hurt too badly.

Happy Monday!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know, they blew that game!
Spotty Internet is frustrating. That's not even worth paying for - and certainly the ship shouldn't charge for it either.
Safe travels home.

JeffO said...

I'm not a big football follower, but I know this: if Brown is hurt long-term, the Steelers are Effed. Time for Martavis Bryant to show that he's as good as he thinks he is!

Sounds like the cruise was productive for writing, anyway. I'm starting to wonder if people are ever really on vacation anymore--as long as there's a connection, we seem compelled to 'check in'. Have a safe drive back.

The Happy Whisk said...

I still think it was a touchdown, but I guess the rulers that be, said no.

Glad the trip got you sparked. Here's to you and the new year.

Maria Zannini said...

Stay safe on the road. Show off that tree when you get it decorated!