Monday, December 4, 2017

One Busy Week

I think this will be the week from hell. Or pretty darn close. Because it’s no fun unless you wait until the last minute to do anything, ya know? And I’m the great procrastinator.

We leave Thursday night for our trip. I still have to pack. I still have to figure out WHAT to pack. And then there’s laundry to do…

Oh, and Tuesday is full of appointments: the car, me, and a dinner engagement. Okay, so that’s not being a procrastinator, that’s just being a poor planner. Or maybe a good one. I’m getting it all done in one day! Tuesday is also my friend’s birthday and I still haven’t gotten her anything, but then she didn’t give me any ideas, either. So yeah, I’ll blame her.

Maybe I’ll find something for her on the cruise. Yeah, that’s it.

Then there’s decorating for that big holiday that’ll be here in THREE WEEKS! I was going to put up the tree before we left, but I’m not really in the mood to clean and decorate. So I’m hoping that after being on a ship full of Christmas decorations and cheer, I’ll be in the mood when I get home and put up the tree then. If not, well, I guess we’ll just pile the presents where the tree would have gone. I’ve decided I’m not going to stress out about it. I got enough stressing to do, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and in case I forgot to say, I decided against having chemo. Which meant on Saturday I was able to get my hair colored (you didn’t think I’m a natural blonde, did you?). If I had chosen differently, I was going to get quite a bit of hair cut and no color (why bother?). So glad I don’t have to do that now. I kind of like my hair.

Anyway… I start radiation treatments on the 20th. I can’t imagine that’ll be any worse than chemo. But I’ve been known to be wrong. Just ask my husband. He can probably count them all on one hand!

So… Do you like busy weeks? There was a time when I would have said yes, because I liked being busy. It made the day go by faster. But now? Heck no! The week already goes by fast enough. I just hope it slows down a little during our vacation. I just want to relax and chill.

Happy Monday!

Stacy

 

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This will be a busy week for me with meetings, IWSG post day, a night out, movie...
Glad you made the decision that was right for you. And your hair.
Wait until you get back to put up the tree. Why stress when you won't even be home to enjoy it?
And enjoy your cruise!

JeffO said...

If your husband can count all the times you've been wrong on one hand after all those years of marriage, I'd say you're doing pretty good!

The good thing about busy weeks is they can fly by. Then again, as I get older, I'm thinking maybe that's not such a good thing. Try not to stress and enjoy your cruise. Sounds like you're getting out just in time, I understand we're supposed to get some real cold blowing through soon!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I hope your busy-ness isn't overwhelming. It usually gets that way for me. Ugh.

Jeff - We noticed the weather is turning bad the day we leave. Which is starting to become typical. It tends to snow when we go on a cruise. Looks like this time might not be any different!

Maria Zannini said...

LOL! Never do anything unless you can do it all at once. That's so you, Stacy.

Other than neighbor gifts, I think I'm done for the year.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Maria - I just remembered I need to MAIL my mother's and sister's gifts before we leave. Which means I have to BUY them. But yeah, I guess I do tend to do things all at once, huh? Hee hee.