Monday, February 19, 2018

Where Did the Weekend Go?

I got nothing done this weekend. I even had a to do list on the white board:

Change water filter (in fridge).

Change outside light.

Put tags on car.

Oh, and a sad face next to TAXES.

I did get some of our taxes done. Filed the business return, which was a pain. I really should write notes, but I haven’t and I doubt I will, either. It’ll most likely change next year anyway.

I refuse to change the water filter by myself. You can read HERE what happened last year when I changed it. I’m not going to go through that again, at least not alone! Yeah, sure, all I have to do is shut off the water, but why should I have all the fun by myself?

One of our outside lights has been out a couple of weeks. I suppose if it were an important light it would have been changed by now. But it’s not and it hasn’t. Yet.

Technically, Hubby has until his birthday to put his new tags on the car. That’s on Wednesday. I’m not gonna do it for him, though. Yeah, I’m mean like that because he’s lazy like that.

I still have to finish the taxes, but I’m just taking it small steps at a time. Got the business one finished, which is a relief. Next I have to work on my schedule C stuff (make sure I have everything recorded). Then later I need to go over the medical expenses. Might not be eligible for deduction in the federal return, but should in the state.

I know I said I’d get an accountant for this year, but that never happened. We’ll see if I have any hair left after this year. That might be the clue I need to finally hire someone.

But none of that got done because on Saturday I was at a chapter meeting in Columbus, then spent the rest of the day waiting. Waiting an hour at bd’s Mongolian Grill for dinner. Waiting nearly an hour at Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Then waiting 30-40 minutes at B&N to see if they could get Hubby’s Nook to work (they did!). We now know not to bother going out to bd’s & Cheesecake Factory on a Saturday. Madness!

Yesterday we all (Hubby, daughter, and I) went to Columbus to see the Penguins play the Blue Jackets. We got there early hoping to find a place to eat, but had to wait over an hour for that, too. The Pens won, though, so I think it was all worth it. Such fun!

So… How was your weekend? Crazy busy, or lazy slow?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

5 comments:

JeffO said...

Wow, it was your weekend of waiting!

Decent enough weekend, except for Boston's miserable performance in Vancouver Saturday--the wheels fell off early, and often. Today is a holiday, so I'm home, maybe get some writing done! Have a good week!

Jennette Marie Powell said...

I was busy doing stuff around the house on Saturday, then on Sunday, bad fatigue day so nothing. No Cheesecake Factory on the weekend for me - I hate crowds!

Good luck getting your taxes done!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jeff - Holiday? You must work for the government, huh? I haven't had this day off since I worked for them.

Jennette - Crowds don't bother me so much, but Hubby hates them. And when he's miserable, I feel miserable for him.

Silver in AZ said...

slow slow slow. and Cheesecake Factory is a zoo 7 days a week. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Silver - Cheesecake Factory isn't so bad on a Sunday afternoon, like around 3 or 4. :)