Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Wednesday Reads and I’m Crocheting…Again

Here’s what I finished reading this week:

Book #23

Dates read: April 28 – May 5
Title: The Trouble With Vampires
Year of publication: 2019
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal romance
Series:  Argeneau #29
# of Pages: 380
Paper or plastic: Mass market paperback
How obtained: Purchased
Blurb from book: For close to three thousand years the imposing, impossibly handsome Santo Notte has fought in armies across the world and battled his own, more personal enemies. Of all the places he might expect to encounter his life mate, a quiet corner of upstate New York doesn’t seem likely. But as soon as he makes contact with history professor Petronella Stone, while hunting down a suspected rogue immortal, he knows that she will be the greatest adventure of his eternal life.
    He expects her to be surprised, confused, even overwhelmed. What he doesn’t expect is that Pet has a secret history of her own. There’s no mistaking the mind-blowing, mutual pleasure they share. But as Pet struggles to protect her nephew from a danger lurking too close to home, Santo realizes there’s another threat to her safety—him. And claiming their passionate future will be impossible until he leaves his past behind, forever…
My thoughts: You’d think after 28 books in this series that the 29th might just feel like the same ol’ same ol’. But NOPE! Still hot romance. Still humorous. Still suspenseful. But a different story every time. I love the Argeneau family and hope the books continue for a long time to come.

Well… the Blue Jackets are out of the playoffs, so I guess I’ll be rooting for the Canes (sorry, Jeff, I just don’t like ANY Boston teams!). Don’t know how much I’ll sit and watch them, though. I probably will if the daughter comes home to watch. But alone? Nope, not likely. I’m not THAT big of a fan. Of the Canes.

I started a crochet project. I wasn’t sure I’d ever crochet again, but this yarn and pattern has intrigued me (for a baby blanket—like I know anyone having babies!!!). I’m starting small first, though, making a scarf for my granddaughter (the yarn color is called Pegasus, and it’s her favorite creature, so I thought…why not?). Once I determine my hands will not turn into two painful fists (can’t tell if it’s arthritis or the stupid pills I have to take for another FOUR YEARS, but my hands get stiff easily), then I will make that baby blanket. Which really won’t be for a baby. Probably more for my lap. Or a gift to someone. I haven’t decided yet. What I do know is that when I finish it (and see, I’m being positive here), I will take a picture and show you all how neat it turned out (because I only make neat things, didn’t you know??).

So… Are you a crafty person? What do you like making?

Happy Reading!

Stacy

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not that crafty but glad you are crafting again.
The good seats for the Hurricanes right now are about a thousand dollars. Pass. Those seats are around one-fifty during the regular season. I will watch on television though. Got to root for the home team.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Daughter roots for the Canes because of Jordan Stall (former Penguin). I root for them because I don't hate them yet. Hahahahahaha! :D

Jennette Marie Powell said...

My grandma taught me to crochet when I was a kid, but I never had the patience for it (yet somehow I write doorstopper novels?). I wish I had more time for crafty things! I love to sew - home decor, or clothing. Haven't done it in years, but I see some window treatments in my future. :) I also recently discovered I like woodworking - simple things like shelves. I would love to learn how to make furniture.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - I used to like to sew. Or maybe I liked how making the kids clothes was way cheaper! Now I don't have the patience for sewing. Crocheting can be done while watching TV. Multitasking!!