Monday, July 1, 2019

A Pre-Order, a Review, and Duck Drama

Biting the Curse is up for pre-order!

I didn’t realize until just this past weekend that I had the ability to see what I sold during pre-order status (am I dumb or what?—don’t answer that). And I didn’t remember putting Ghostly Interlude up on pre-order last year, either (see, my memory is really sucking!). I sold 5 copies (that I know of) of Ghostly Interlude during the pre-order, but I don’t believe I had it at a cheaper price, either. Biting the Curse is $2.99 during the pre-order and will go up after release day to $4.99. So far I’ve sold 4 copies (that I know of) of Biting the Curse, but I’ve got the book scheduled in a few newsletters for the next couple of weeks, so we’ll see if it gets any more traction. I sure hope it does! I’d like to think this book will get people interested in reading the others.

If you’re interested in getting your copy, here’s the blurb and the buy links:

Can a vampire break a curse?

When Janie Robinson says “I do,” she might as well call the morgue. Two days after her wedding, David died in a car accident. The day after she accepted his proposal, Justin fell to his death at work. The day after she agreed to move in, Aaron died in a freakish drone accident. Now Sam wants to date her because she’s some kind of Perfect Mate. If she’s perfectly anything, she’s perfectly cursed and she’s not about to risk Sam’s life.

Sam Kincaid is a vampire. He has been searching for Janie since the day he let her go. Her so-called curse doesn’t bother him until he becomes the killer’s next target. He’s never feared for his life before, but if he lets her go again, it wouldn’t be worth living.

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T8F7BYL/
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/biting-the-curse-stacy-mckitrick/1132154386?ean=2940161328767
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/biting-the-curse
Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/biting-the-curse/id1469527645
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/945106

And I already have one review posted on Goodreads (you can see it HERE!). How awesome is that?

The price won’t be this low again for quite some time (if ever). So tell all your friends!

We had some duck drama here on Sunday. Mama and her ten ducklings (there were eleven on Saturday, so something had to have happened Saturday night) were using our house for shade for a time. They would then waddle down to the pond and swim around. They waddled back up later on and headed for the neighbor’s house (the house between us and the complainers of the bird feeders). They were just about to a shady spot when the dog inside started barking.

You should have seen them fly. And scatter! Hubby and I were laughing. Mama went off one way, a couple of ducklings followed her, some went the opposite direction and two stayed behind in the yard (guess the dog didn’t scare them so much). It took them about an hour to get all back together.

In our yard. In the shade.

Guess they feel safer at our house.

I’m super close to finishing up Perry’s story (Finding the Perfect Mate). The ending is coming clearer to me, which is a huge step in finishing! I figure I’ll finish the first draft in the next week or two. I’m so excited! It’s been way too long since I wrote a book this fast. And to think, it only took writing 500+ words a day! I started this practice on March 12th and only missed three days! It was just going to be a trial thing to see if I could write every day. Guess I can. And now it’s just normal to get up and write first thing.

So… Have any excitement at your place this weekend?

Happy Monday!

Stacy

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're getting some pre-order sales.
Bet that was a sight seeing the ducks scatter. So the complainer isn't next door but two doors down? Now really, how can your feeder affect birds landing on the their patio?

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - The lots aren't all that big. That neighbor has a fence. Our house and next door neighbor do not. So, it's a straight shot from their fence to the bird feeder.

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Congrats on the release! I was one of those orders. :)

Not much exciting going on here, just packing and working on the house. I'll be glad when that's done, just like you were!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Jennette - Ahhh, thank you!! Yeah, moving is quite a drag. I hope I never have to go through that again.

Azka Kamil said...

awesome article.
thanks for sharing :)