Monday, July 8, 2019

A Workshop featuring Damon Suede!


Central Ohio Fiction Writers (a chapter of Romance Writers of America) is having a workshop in November featuring Damon Suede. I figure since I have this blog, I’d use it to help get the word out (in case there are any writers out there that just might be interested).

This is what Damon Suede will be talking about:

PART I: BRINGING YOUR A-GAME

Your A-Game explains the tools and rules of kickass genre marketing to let you make your best next move. He breaks down the tricks and traps facing all novelists so you can:

·       Build your personal brand into a professional force

·       Polish your public presence, online and in person

·       Reach your ideal market and access your fans

·       Raise each project to the next level

PART II: TROPES

Uses and abuses of form and formula in genre stories. Narrative patterns and recurring structures specific to certain subgenres. Trope history and evolution. Navigating the border between cliché and archetype.

And here are the details:

Location: The Dublin Rec Center, 5600 Post Road, Dublin, Ohio 43017
Fee: $75 for COFW members, $85 for non-members (price includes lunch)
When: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 9am-4pm

Sign up at the website www.cofwevents.org/workshop.

You can find out more about Damon Suede here: http://www.damonsuede.com/author.html

Space is limited! If you’re interested, don’t wait to register.

~~~~~

So… Did you watch the USA women win the World Cup Soccer? I don’t usually watch soccer, but I watched from the quarter-finals up. Exciting!  

Happy Monday!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Too bad I'm not in Ohio.
I watched a little, but the political crap surrounding the team tainted it for me.
I did however watch all of season three of Stranger Things!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Ohio is not THAT far from NC. :D