Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Pictures from Dragon Con 2019

Meant to post this on Monday, but I ended up going to a concert I forgot I had tickets for (B-52s, OMD, and Berlin) and then I watched the last few minutes of the Steelers game (UGH). That doesn't mean I would have posted this on Monday, though. I would have had to download the pictures from my iPhone (which I didn't do until Monday afternoon). In any case, I have pictures to show you now.

And there aren't a lot because I suck at remembering! Or I was in line and the awesome cosplayers were walking past too fast to say, "Hey, can I take your picture?" Not to mention, it would have caused a major traffic jam and I wasn't about to do that.

I know, excuses. I'm really good at them, aren't I?

First, I'm going to start with the two pictures I paid to have taken.

Any Doctor Who fans here? If so, you should recognize Martha and the Doctor (#10). If not, well... in order (left to right) is: a friend, Freema Agyeman, ME, Daughter, David Tennant, and another friend. FYI: I bought that Doctor Who shirt just for this occasion!!

My other photo op was with William Shatner. I decided I wouldn't get another chance at this and pretty much told Hubby he was going with me. I think the picture turned out great. I'm getting it framed.

Next, pictures I actually took.
While standing in line for David Tennant, I spotted these X-Men (or would that be X-Women?).

Same line also included Mary Poppins and Bert!

While standing in line to see Doctor companions Donna (Catherine Tate) and Martha (Freema Agyeman), I came across this guy dressed as the sixth doctor. I only started with #9, so I can only assume he's dressed accordingly. He certainly looked colorful!

While standing in line to see Zachary Levi (who is awesome, by the way), this woman was behind me. Said she was a princess in Pokémon. I just thought the costume was great. A lot of people stopped to take her photo.

The next two shots are pictures taken during our fire alarm. Yep, the Sheraton (the host hotel we stayed at), had a minor fire. Seems the speaker during the Aly & AJ concert caught on fire after they turned it up. Nothing like a little excitement during our Dragon Con, huh? I really don't think everyone inside the hotel evacuated, either. Good thing it wasn't serious!!



Anyway, that's it (told you it wasn't much). I'll be back tomorrow to post what I read.


Stacy


2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I knew the Steeler game would be a train wreck.
Looks like fun at Dragon Con. I always like the photos my publisher sends me of cosplayers holding my books.
Glad the fire was only minor at the hotel.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - Dragon Con is always fun. You should go some year!