Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Reading Update and Christmas Stuff

I finally got the Christmas tree up on Sunday. Finished decorating it on Monday. And I wrapped the presents on Tuesday. I’m ready… Well, except for the few presents I’m still waiting to be delivered. And they should arrive before the 19th. That’s the day we’re celebrating Christmas with my son’s family. They won’t be staying long—basically exchanging gifts and eating cinnamon rolls. And we’ll all be wearing masks (except when eating—duh). It will only be six of us total, so I’m hoping all will be well.

I look forward to the day we can actually visit people again. With hugs! I miss hugs. Which means yes, as soon as I’m able, I’m getting the vaccine. Heck, we got cruises to go on and I don’t want to have to worry about getting COVID.

Here’s what I read since my last update:

Book #49

Dates read:
November 29-December 8
Title: A Talent for Trouble
Year of publication: 2019
Author: Landra Graf
Genre: Sci-fi romance
Series: Bad Boys of Space #1
# of Pages: 282
Paper or plastic: Trade paperback
How obtained: Bought from author
Blurb from book: Drug runner Emilio Morales is one deal away from being the sole runner from Earth to the upper planets—until his partner attempts a double cross. Now, Emilio’s stuck in a disabled spaceship with an unpredictable, attractive female who’s willing to help him out if he’ll assist her in retrieving her ship from an impound facility.
    Antonia “Toni” Smith is sick and tired of being beholden to men. The only way to guarantee freedom is to get back her bootlegging ship to run her own business again. When Emilio kills her ticket out, she’s forced to rely on him for assistance. Emilio, the most wanted and annoying man in the solar system, is a sexy-as-hell means to an end.
    But every plan the duo makes falls apart and each day they spend in each other’s company increases the tension between them. When Emilio’s drug deal collapses, the boss in charge demands retribution and the pair finds themselves facing something neither of them wants including dealing with their emotions for each other.   
    With the death toll and their defenses low, can Emilio and Toni get the happy ending they want, without falling for each other in the process? 
My thoughts: I enjoyed this. It’s the kind of sci-fi I can read, since it’s not very techy.  Quite a bit of action and suspense and, oh yeah, sexy scenes.

So… Are you ready for the holidays? Will you be playing it solo or visiting a few friends/family? We’re trying to play it as safe as we can and STILL be able to exchange gifts with my son’s family.

Happy Reading!

Stacy

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It sounds like you'll have a safe visit with your son. We're always solo for Christmas, so it will be just the same. We do miss traveling. We probably won't get the vaccine (we're not at risk and want to see what the side effects will be first) but once enough have taken it, we'll be ready to get back out there again.

Stacy McKitrick said...

Alex - I never realized how much we travelled until we couldn't. I really miss cruising.